Print

Author Topic: Scary Online Stuff  (Read 6294 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
That JKCinema stuff had me up all night, especially that origin of Teddy Ruxpin, that scared the living crap out of me...
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 02:50:10 PM »
I had a Teddy Ruxpin when I was little. I can't remember what I thought of it.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 08:16:21 PM »
I always remember being afraid of some stuffed animals.  I don't know why, maybe it was just the way they looked, or it could've been the Child's Play movies.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 11:06:06 PM »
Stuffed animals never creeped me out, but my mom use to be afraid of her dolls. She watched "Twilight Zone" as a youngster and was so freaked out by the doll named "Talking Tina" (I think that's what she said it was called) that she had to move the dolls out of her room.

What brought this up was that we were cleaning out the attic yesterday and she found this old porcelain doll from the 1930s. Now being in an attic for years will definitely give a doll a makeover, and not in a good way. This doll looked like a model of a dead body and could have easily passed for something on "Twilight Zone". The doll was my grandmother's. Skin is peeling, hair looks awful, and the eyes are a solid neon green color thanks to the heat.

I'm going to set this doll in the rocking chair on my front porch on Halloween night. Given the shape its in it should freak everyone out. My mom found a black dress for it so it can look the part too. Even better, I'll put a tape player behind it, have someone record some ominous-sounding female vocals, and make it sound like the doll is talking. I can have some real fun with this thing.

And to change the subject--Steve, you are absolutely right. True crime is the scariest. After all, you could go to the mall and a criminal could be walking down the corridor with you, you'd just never know it. Or they could be passing you on the freeway. There was a recent abduction in Pennsylvania (a few weeks ago and not around my area of the state) where a girl was walking down the street and two guys threw her into a van, the van said "Hell Raider" on the side of it. You've got to pray for these people who get abducted, but you also have to hope the sickos who do this get caught and justice is served. And someday, hopefully the answers to these cases come about--especially to the true identity and origin of "Sharon Marshall".

Jman

• Score
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 11:39:52 PM »
I always remember being afraid of some stuffed animals.  I don't know why, maybe it was just the way they looked, or it could've been the Child's Play movies.

I was afraid of ALF when I was a little kid.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 08:04:36 AM »
Hmm. I used to be afraid of Cavity Sam of 'Operation'. Cartoon surgery always freaked me out. I also had his stuffed spider that was given to me on Halloween when I was about three, and I kept it for years and years. Actualy it was one of those generic decorations that you'd hang on something. Every time my cousin came over she'd see it and freak out. Man, I loved that spider. It's currently in storage.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 02:36:48 PM »
I remember the show "Are you Afraid of the Dark" on Nick, the original one, I was about 6 or seven maybe, or younger.  That show I always watched, but it would always freak me out.

Print