Print

Author Topic: Spooky Spooksational Spooktober Spooktacuar  (Read 10089 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 12:47:13 PM »
I wouldn't suggest carrying any kind of gun, fake or otherwise with you while trick-or-treating unless it is very, very obvious that the gun is fake.

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 04:12:57 PM »
Yeah, like if its multicolored or something.

Well, anyways, I'm not really going trick-or-treating.
I'm planning to dress up like a scarecrow and sit on my front porch, next to a bowl of candy. When kids try to get the candy...

BOO! I wake up and grab their arm.
This'll be a howling good time...

Oh, and yes. I'm back.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 04:15:01 PM »
I've had the job of helping hand out the candy to the children for the past 4 years or so....

The kids are so traumatized, they never come back.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 05:57:58 PM »
I'm gonna be one of those wandering warriors with a cloak that can be seen in fantasy.  I answer the door for trick-or-treaters at my aunt's house.  Two years ago I was Shadow Link, but I wasn't able to dress up last year 'cause I had musical rehearsal.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »

I'm planning to dress up like a scarecrow and sit on my front porch, next to a bowl of candy. When kids try to get the candy...

BOO! I wake up and grab their arm.
This'll be a howling good time...

...yeah, for us, if you get punched. There was a guy on AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos) who dressed up just like that. He was doing his job when a guy came up to the house. The scarecrow scared the man, who, with lightning reflexes, punched the scarecrow guy in the nose, breaking it. Like I said, howling time for us if that happens to you.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 08:21:11 AM »
Broken nose = good time.

I've decided to go as the Invisible Man this year. Of course, considering how clueless the people are on my block (they thought I was a cowboy when I went as Ash from The Evil Dead) they'll say something along the lines of:

"Oh, hi there! Hey Ted, look! We got a little...uh...Harry Potter here! With, uh, mummy wrappings...and no wand...and a Fedora...and a trenchcoat. Say kid, what kind of Harry Potter do you think you are? Here's your candy. Oh look, a Power Ranger! With cat ears...and cat fur...and a cat tail...and no Power Ranger helmet..."
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »
That reminds me of when my cousin went as Link one year (pretty well made costume), and some mother whose kid was dressed as Robin Hood thought my cousin was also a Robin Hood. *sighs*

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »
I got mistaken as a girl one year when I dressed up as an army man, people around my neighborhood are.... let's just say they're clueless, even though they need a stronger term for how stupid they are.  I havent done Halloween in forever, if I do this year, I will be the white guy with the afro, black shirt, green suspenders, army pants, and combat boots with the joint stuck in his hair from G.I.Joe.  I can't remember his name.
I only watch [adult swim]

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 04:58:51 PM »
A friend of mine dressed as Link in his Zora Tunic get-up one year, and people thought she was a pirate. O.O

I dressed as a Team Rocket member one year, and only a few kids recognized me.  Same thing as the year I was Shadow Link, only a bit less kids recognized me.  One of these years I wanna dress up as Mario or Luigi.  If hardly any of the kids recognize me, then we're living in a sad world.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 06:07:43 PM »
I'm dressing up as Beaker from the Muppets this year, but I think I'll stick to passing out candy with my mom this time around.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
Well, assuming my Invisible Man costume doesn't work, I could go as someone else with glasses. Maybe Gordon Freeman, or...uh...hmm. Yeah, I guess that's it. Even if I do go as Gordon Freeman, they'll think I'm Harry Potter with a crowbar in a Hazardous Environment suit. They always think I'm Harry Potter.
every

TEM

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 01:41:04 PM »
Do you glasses look like this, Glorb?

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »
Haha, now I want to dress as Gordon Freeman. Just the though of carrying a crowbar around...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »
Well, the other day I concoted a few "ingredients lists" for glasses-friendly costumes.

Invisble Man
- Gauze (to wrap around head; be sure to leave eyeholes)
- A black bowler hat or fedora (the bowler looks best)
- Black or brown trench coat and dark-colored shirt
- Any-color (dark, of course) pants (dark green works best)
- Pilot-style leather gloves
- And, of course, glasses
If you don't wear glasses, try goggles or something.

Gordon Freeman
- Black sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Black boots
- Darkish-orange paintball-style plastic body armor
- A goatee (assuming you don't already have one)
- A crowbar (not %100 neccessary, but it completes the look)
- Yellow paint (to paint a lambda symbol on the front)
- Glasses, of course (not wire-rim)

Harry Potter (my costume nemesis)
- Navy or dark-blue robe-y looking thing
- Dark-red shirt (goes underneath robe)
- Some way to make that scar thing on your forehead
- A wand (really, even a stick will do)
- Wire-rim glasses

That's about all I can think of. I hope this helps my fellow glasses-wearers. Other obvious costumes include a stereotypical nerd or even Smithers from The Simpsons.
every

TEM

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 05:14:34 PM »
A well-done Smithers costume would be really cool.

edit: lol smiters
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 06:40:06 PM by TEM »

Print