Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391559 times)

« Reply #525 on: September 03, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
And the unrelenting torrent of fantastic XBLA games finally, uh, relents. But there are three crappy games at once. That's kinda weird.

It's a fun week in RB. And all Harmonix proceeds from the songs go to Child's Play. Jolly good.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #526 on: September 04, 2008, 02:20:07 PM »
Well... the only one I'm really really interested in I already got the day it came out (SMRPG).  I admit, I'm hooked.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #527 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:59 PM »
Did anyone play Helix WiiWare?  LD?  It sounds like a good concept for a rhythm game and I've read people say it works where DDR hand motions failed.  I haven't played either.  WiiWare-World gave it a good review, but IGN gave it a very low score.  I'm curious about it and if it was merely wasting a little money wouldn't be that upset, but my Wii storage is in crisis. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #528 on: September 08, 2008, 05:04:43 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #529 on: September 08, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »
Yes, he did.
Wow!  Fail on my part.  I'm make room for it and post my impressions in his thread later.  Thanks.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »
I'm make room for it
I'm
What's this? Oh, it's just some
Fail on my part.

Anyway, Helix is cool. And I don't normally care for rhythm games, either.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
Virtual Console releases for 9/8 (not sure where to put this):

Cho Aniki (Turbografx) [it's that weird Japanese space shooter game with the scantily-clad muscle men in it. I still can't believe they decided to release that in America]
Final Soldier (Turbografx)
Groovin' Blocks (WiiWare title)

And in Japan today is... Secret of Mana. Good lord I can die happy now. Can't wait to see it come stateside, though for all I know it will take another three/six months for that to happen.

Reggie also says there's a solution in the works for the Wii storage space problem, better than a hard drive he says, although no details yet on what this new solution is.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »
I'm impressed that they put Cho Aniki out here. I might just have to get it.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2008, 11:16:48 PM »
Whoa, I thought that was just for the JP VC...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #534 on: September 09, 2008, 04:18:57 AM »
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty... What's that about?  It may be interesting.
It's the sequel to the original.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #535 on: September 09, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
Smallville season 7, eh?  I'll have to get that... after I get seasons 2-6.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #536 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »
Too...much...stuff! Spore, Spore Creatures, Viva Piñata DS, Lock's Quest, and possibly Mazes of Fate and MillionHeir, and in movies, a new release of The Big Lebowski, and Burn After Reading!

...The only things I listed that I really care about are the first two games and the two movies, but I'll still give the other four items a try, so...yeah.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:29:11 PM by WarpRattler »

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #537 on: September 09, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »
Cho Aniki. Hah, weird stuff that goes out in Japan. Yeah I can't believe that it was released here, either. All I care about this week was a copy of Samba De amigo I got for the Dreamcast, with Maracas. I don't have it yet, but soon. Can't stop thinking about it...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #538 on: September 09, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
My brother just bought SBCG4AP Episode 1. Well, I downloaded it and everything, but bought the Wii Points card (he was at football practice).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #539 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:30 PM »
Jeopardy is out on PSN. This is honestly the first time I've actually wanted a PS3.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print