Print

Author Topic: I'm going to Grassland, Grassland, Memphis Tennessee.  (Read 5467 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:17:29 AM »
Sorry Paul Simon.

Anyway, you may be wondering, "Grassland? No ads?!"

We moved off of IGN earlier today. The forums will temporarily be on the grassland subdomain while DNS propagates, but this shouldn't affect your normal forum activities.

Ads will return in the future to cover server costs, but they won't be anywhere near as crippling as the IGN/GameSpy ads.

As always, if anything is weird/broken with the site, please let us know.

P.S.: The search function here on the forums works again.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:15:18 AM »
I noticed that TMK is no longer on ClassicGaming's list of hosted sites. When the new ads are up, I'll make sure to click extra hard since the money is going to you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:28:31 AM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »
The links are still there, but for how long I have no idea.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
Wow, I so didn't notice the lack of banner ads or the different URL until you mentioned it. Nice job though.

Glad to here the search is working again. It's been broken for so long I forgot it even existed.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:49:21 PM »
I noticed the subdomain immediately, but I didn't notice the lack of ads, mainly because the only ads that would get in my way are the Planet Network Advertisements, so all I had to go on was "Hosted by ClassicGaming.com".

However, I also immediately noticed the good ol' KTN button at the bottom as well, so it didn't take much work to guess what was going on.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 06:52:56 PM »
Since TMK is no longer a part of IGN, does that mean the staff won't be able to go to E3 (or whatever expo "replaces" it)?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 06:59:27 PM »
Nothing will ever replace E3 and they's never goin' again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 07:01:06 PM »
Of course not.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »
Is that "Of course not, we'll go", or "Of course we won't go"?

Because I was so sure of my uneducated guesses.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 11:28:37 PM »
I logged on and was like "Where are the ads?" I don't know, this site kinda looks empty without them...but it's all for a better site. No problems here on my computer with the Fungi Fourms.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 11:35:04 PM »
"Of course not, we'll go"

Print