Print

Author Topic: Anyone seeing Weird Al this year?  (Read 2495 times)

« on: May 03, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »
I noticed there are a few Al fans sticking around here... though not too many. So far on weirdal.com, there have been a decent list of locations where he'll be performing this summer. I have to say one of the reasons for my really wanting to see Al is because of the fact he added "Albuquerque" in the list of songs he sings on tour. My plans may be a little "hazy" to say in the least because I'll supposedly be moving to Seattle during the summer... I might even go on up and see him in Canada depending on the situation.

I've been wanting to see Al live for a while and I've heard it's an amazing experience... so I'm really pumped. Anyone else? I know there have been some that went to see him last year.
I'm a horrible person.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »
I saw him on tour in Fresno a while back. It was pretty fun. "Albuquerque" was much longer, which is funny because it was a long song to begin with.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:10:56 PM »
I saw him in Bozeman, MT last fall (?).

Albuquerque had way, way more pastries. :)

Fun Fact: My first two years of college, I lived with a dude named Steve Jay, which is the same name as Al's bass player.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »

Albuquerque had way, way more pastries. :)

"Have you got any Halle Berry donuts?"
"NO, WE'RE OUT OF HALLE BERRY DONUTS."
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »
Heh, speaking of band relations, a while ago I realized that with the year aside, I had the same birthday as Al's guitarist; Jim West. (December 18th)
I'm a horrible person.

Print