Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369048 times)

« Reply #1170 on: February 19, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
The safari zone's step counter was disabled.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1171 on: February 19, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
On an unrelated note, this.  I blame BP for misinforming me on Furret's "official" height.

Sorry! Yeah! I was well aware I was fudging that one. For the exact reason in the video. Yes, I was a girl all along, did the beard fool you
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1172 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »
On that note, it's funny how growing up with the Mario series, particularly the RPGs, shaped my perception of the relative size of player and non-player / support characters; most of the enemies in the Mario series tend to hover around half to two-thirds of Mario's height, and that's typically about how big I imagine most Pokémon (particularly the non-fully-evolved ones) are compared to the protagonist.  Similarly, I imagine most fully-evolved Pokémon, particularly those that know Fly/Surf, to be of a similar proportion to Yoshi's size compared to Mario.  Then ones like Dunsparce, Furret, and Dragonair end up completely surprising me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:01:29 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1173 on: February 22, 2014, 06:53:10 PM »

(click for larger version because fine print)
In case you don't own X or Y yet and haven't registered one of these games/systems on Club Nintendo.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:05:11 AM by bobbysq1337 »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1174 on: February 22, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
I really tried to get into Twitch plays Pokemon, but I just couldn't seem to get beyond all of the pause buffering. It didn't make for fun watching. I suppose if you were one of the folks who was trying to strategize and maximize inputs, then it could be somewhat fun. But I've found that watching it is something of a chore!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #1175 on: February 22, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
It's good to have in the background while doing something else.

« Reply #1176 on: February 22, 2014, 11:58:09 PM »
I mean, it's funny to check up on every once in a while, but "good" might not be the right word for it...
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1177 on: February 23, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »
Hate watching it, love hearing about it?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1178 on: April 17, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
I can dig this, apart from the repetitive palette.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1179 on: April 17, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »
I saw Greninja and immediately didn't like it. The colors didn't help. (BP I'm sorry but the only thing worse than Froakie to me is Chikorita)
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1180 on: April 17, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
I didn't like Greninja at first either but I quickly changed my mind.

And don't apologize to me, that's silly. Having an opinion isn't criminal, like being a genwunner or something
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:48:13 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1181 on: April 18, 2014, 05:26:50 AM »
I feel like this is the place to post this: I completed the Pokedex in X. GTS is a really good thing to use in the final stretch.

BBL, hatching Oshawotts.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1182 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
I've been working my way to beating everything in Stadium 2 in Project 64, using Crystal and Yellow ROMs to create teams. In the process I've learned just how EVs' predecessor, stat experience, works. It's actually kind of cool, every stat can be maxed out without sacrificing points in the others, so anything with the appropriate base stats and moves can run a mixed moveset. Which makes the fact that physical and special attacks are still bound to types a lot less painful.

Prediction is also much easier because there's a lot less to know. Fewer moves, no abilities, only the most familiar Pokémon, most items are negligible bits of garbage. Still I think I might be getting better at strategy in a way that can be applied to gen 6... except that Gen 2 is a lot more defensive.
It's YOUR problem!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1183 on: April 19, 2014, 02:01:34 PM »
BP, I meant the image Weegee posted. Also it's nice to know that we are understanding, considering our favorite starter evolutions are evenly matched.

Also, on an unrelated note, what's with the second trio of types for the starters? It's not bad, but why not be Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting? Or whatever, since I'm down for a Fire/Dark starter. Especially if it takes after Absol in the looks department.
EDIT:whoops I meant fire and dark not water and dark that's silly we have greninja
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:18:16 PM by Tavros »
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #1184 on: April 20, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
That is Absol-utely a great idea. Absol is a good dark type, and the idea of a starter thing evolving into a whatever/dark is awesome (my favorite starters have always been water for the most part too, so I am excited to see Greninja in SSB4.. what do you think his IV's are XD
)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print