Print

Author Topic: Youth jobs?  (Read 1914 times)

« on: November 01, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »
Hello, long time no post! (At least in General Chat.) This topic is for you to tell: What jobs did you have when you were a teen? But before you were an adult, but if you are in that age now: What are you doing for money? As for me I mow lawns in the summer. (But that's for those of you that did not see my Green Thieves topic, by the way, I bought a new one.) As I have said before, if this topic has been made before, please just close it.

Posted - 32 October 3005 13:61 PST
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:09:38 PM »
I am 16, and I am now working at a heating and air conditioning/ fuel company, I paint old tamks and stock shelves.  I only work four hours saturday (the only day of the week I work) and on that day I make $25.

DRAGGING BEHIND YOU< THE SILENT REPROACH OF A MILLION TEAR-STAINED EYES....
I only watch [adult swim]

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 05:49:14 PM »
Lifeguarding/swim instruction. I really prefer swim instruction. I just couldn't take the inactivity that is lifeguarding. It's one of the most boring jobs, seriously. And the strain of going from boredom to panic isn't one I like to think about.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 07:11:36 PM »
When I was 13, I applied for a job at this newspaper depot, where I would put together the sections of the Sunday newspaper, and bag them, and put them on a cart. The cart would then be given to a person who'd deliver them early Sunday morning.

My pay depended on how much work I did. I normally bagged about 210 papers every weekend, averaging to about 20 bucks a week.

I quit just after a year or so, and I don't really need money at all. I'm NOT going to work with food, so I never consider working at a place like McDonald's. Supermarkets are also out of the question, too.

I was planning to work at GameStop when I turn 17, but apparently they recently changed the age to 18. I'm going to check and see later on if that person who told me was telling the truth.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 07:14:25 PM »
I used to operate the score-board at Academic Games competitions.  For those of you who don't know, Academic Games is a competition in which teams of middle-school students answer academic questions.  I am now 20; last summer, when I was still 19, I worked as a software tester at Microsoft.  Also, I once won money in a math competition, so technically that makes me a professional mathematician.  Right now I'm living off savings.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 09:40:14 PM »
Bagger at Krogers for a year and a half, I recently left and am now a salesperson at Sears.

The animated House Musical.

Print