Print

Author Topic: Black Friday: Feelings on it, working today, buying stuff?  (Read 4633 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: November 23, 2012, 01:39:48 AM »
Topic.

Despite the fact that I'm currently looking at spending about $180 total ($100 TV from Sears, $20 StarCraft II and $35 Diablo III from Best Buy, $25 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 from Wal-Mart), I can't say I'm a fan of Black Friday, particularly because of how employees at a lot of stores are treated. I do like that a lot of places are offering their major sales online, and some online-only retailers are stretching their Black Friday sales over the entire week (or, in Newegg's case, the whole month).

I also don't like how a lot of stuff came out this week to take advantage of the Black Friday rush, because Thanksgiving wreaks havoc on postal services, and I really want my non-Black Friday-related Persona 4 Golden this week. :|

As far as the work thing, while I'm still unemployed, my brother is working later today, and he's at Wal-Mart, possibly the worst place to work on Black Friday...but because he's injured (work-related, but not Black Friday-related), he's not actually going to be out on the floor at any point in his shift. Meanwhile, my dad (who's undergoing training as a cosmetologist) will be cutting quite a few hairs today.

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 01:59:12 AM »
I worked a little bit of it. My shift was a short one, but it was right at the beginning of the madness. There were no major fights at my store location that I know of, and I even prevented some theft.. (my most recent Facebook status also says some of this)

As for how I feel about it, I hate Black Friday sales. They make people act crazy and lash out against eachother and the stores having the sale (I had several customers tonight lose their temper with me because the register told me I couldn't sell an item to them..)

I wish I had $1500 to drop on Christmas sales.. We barely have enough to make rent/bills for the month..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
It's hardly a thing Canada, although we got a bigger gaming TV at Best Buy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
Today I bought Pokemon Black/White, Sims 3: Pets and Fortune Street... Needless to say, I'm putting a lock on my wallet and giving the key to someone more fiscally responsible tomorrow.
I'm a horrible person.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »
Wal-Mart didn't have Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but luckily, Amazon had it for $25 early this morning, so I was still able to pick it up at the sale price. Looking forward to beating Jim up! (And in the game!)

Also, the TV bit fell through. Not a big deal, though, as I found out the other day that my brother bought me a TV of the same size for Christmas.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
All I did was buy 2 things on steam.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:47 PM »
All I did was buy 2 things on steam.

Same.

My niece cried about not being able to go. What has become of this world?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print