Print

Author Topic: The Rat Cellar  (Read 25149 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2009, 08:10:17 AM »
Oh, I've been meaning to say, I had this terrible premonition that, when GH: Van Halen sees commercial release it'll have better graphics and/or more songs.

I mean, the only other option is that Activision seriously thinks that people will pay $50 for that game.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
And they'd be right.  Really hate that I missed the freebie.  Wanna send me your free copy?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:17:54 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »
Nah. It's fun, it's just very crudely done.

But hey, maybe it'll be $30-$40... and maybe I'll stop making dirty jokes.

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2010, 01:28:59 AM »
The ultro-classic "Cheat on the Church" hit RBN. Nostalgiofun to the max!

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2010, 12:40:52 AM »
Achievement from RB3:

HOPO-cidal Maniac - Kill 53,596 Hammer-ons and Pull-offs.

I pooped.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »
Bohemian Rhapsody
Break On Through (To the Other Side)
Centerfold
Don't Stand So Close to Me
Fly Like an Eagle
Good Vibrations (Live)
Heart of Glass
Here I Go Again
I Can See For Miles
I Got You (I Feel Good)
I Wanna Be Sedated
Imagine
Just Like Heaven
Need You Tonight
Space Oddity
The Power of Love
Walkin' on the Sun
Whip It
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1

Only songs I care about.

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTS16klgqMU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTS16klgqMU</a>.

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
ohhhhhhh my jesus fly like an eagle :'D
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
The impending release of TTFAF has me booting up RB3 and checking out some of my backlog. I just played "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meat Loaf and then "Airbrushed" by Anamanaguchi and was almost crying from the awesome. This is why rhythm games are #1 in my heart: they can deliver that feeling over and over again whereas it's an extreme rarity in other games. The only things that ever come close are Shinji Mikami games and Shu Takumi games (particularly Ghost Trick) and I suppose the endings of SMRPG and FFIX and maybe the FFVI opera scene. That's ten or so times in my entire life for non-rhythm while in Space Channel 5, for instance, you feel that way through the ENTIRE GAME.

Extremely good matches in fighting/FPS/RTS can feel very good too, but that's sort of a different feeling. More adrenaline and less tingling.

I LOVE RHYTHM GAMES

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2011, 12:20:49 AM »
From which component of rhythm games do you get that feeling? Is it from the musical aspect, where you're enjoying the actual song so much it makes the experience so special? Or is it the technical part, that you're nailing difficult rhythms through a full combo? I understand both sides, I'm curious which one's driving you more.

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »
GTR SOLO D of "Operation Ground and Pound" is the hardest motha****in' sequence of notes I've ever seen in an electronic guitar rhythm music videogame. I haven't been this flummoxed by a chunk of a song since "Jordan" (accounting for skill inflation).

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
Harmonix just said this:

"Next Tuesday we'll be releasing the single most requested song in 3+ years of tracking RockBand.com/request."

!!!

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
So, I haven't kept up with the songs released, but what would you guess it is? I would figure smething classic, hit the widest audience. Something like Bohemian Rhapsody, but I feel like that's already been done.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »
"Bohemian Rhapsody" is in RB3, yeah. There's an achievement for getting perfect harmonies throughout the entire song, too.

I need to play more RB3.

Also, rereading this thread, the bit about the effects pedal port on the 360 Guitar Hero controller is funny, because the beatmania IIDX home controllers have the same thing for the same reason (though, it would've been used for beatmania III, which never got a home port).

Print