Print

Author Topic: This forum has gotten boring!  (Read 16352 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2005, 11:35:24 PM »
Hey! I remember this thread from when I was non-existant (sort-of)! Yeah, Luigison's "New and Exciting Products" definitely rings a bell.

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2005, 11:38:19 PM »
Well, I'm so used to using a quoting tool that its absence is kind of a shock....

I bet the avatar idea will get booed down, but the photo album might work. It's my most popular mod at the other board I'm active at.

EDIT: I guess the activity level must be pretty good now, seeing as how by the time I post a reply to one post, another post beats it there.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 2/4/2005 9:39:57 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2005, 11:45:31 PM »
The feature I would most like is a log-in so that I wouldn't have to enter my password for every post.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2005, 01:18:47 AM »
It's cool! Everyone has pictures of random things! ^_^ I even saw Plank from "Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy" in this chat! It can stand a few more posts, though...... but hey! Every day's a blast around here!

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »
The forums need to be upgraded with phpbb. Besides, there are forum convertoers so we won't lose our precious posts.

I hate the theme. Everytime I go here, it's like walking into a dark cave. That's why I don't post here anymore.
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
 Stop whining. The forums are fine how they are.

We've discussed this many times in the past (Though, don't revive those topics).

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2005, 01:26:41 PM »
Or, I have a great idea! How 'bout let's just not complain!!!!

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2005, 03:29:11 PM »
In our meeting with IGN at E3, we asked about the fate of our .asp forums and it seems like we will be highly pressured into making some sort of change. Our main concern was that the old data be preserved and, if possible, even transferred to the new system. I... don't know how likely this is to occur, though. We were guaranteed that nothing would be taken away from us if we absolutely refused to have it taken away, so let that comfort you however much a guarantee from IGN comforts you.

My *prediction*: We will have a new forum system within a year, looking and performing much like this one, except with handy features like the ability to go directly to the last page of a thread and sticky posts. The data here will be, if we're incredibly lucky, already converted to the new forum. Much more likely, we'll get a giant text file of everything ever said here or this system will just sit here unused for us to peruse. But if this system *does* stay... why leave? I dunno, these are just predictions from what happened at the meeting.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2005, 07:43:43 PM »
Wow, that's really neat. What are "sticky posts?"

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2005, 08:11:07 PM »
Posts that stay at the top of the list, so you can make Newbies Post Here threads actually work.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2005, 12:35:09 AM »
Yeah, I've got a suggestion for sticky posts- make their sprite association Fire Flowers, or Golden Mushrooms. I was going to actually post something about this, but... now that this has cme up, I guess I don't need to.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2005, 02:09:51 PM »
Hey, look at our stories, Super Bash Bros. WWE Style and Paper Mario: Luigi's Ancestor. You'll laugh.
Now with more mink!

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2005, 06:23:12 PM »
Trainman is right,WLM, using a whole thread just to say how boring the place is is a big waste of space.Msrkio's right too.To me this is the greatest thing ever.

B33\ / \ /4R3!!!!!!!!! i 4m tr00ly l33t,50 ph33R M3H!!!! My sl<1llz r0x0rz!!!!!!! i 4m 700 b3h ph33R3D!!!!!!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2005, 06:25:10 PM »
I hope any changes don't include making the forum bright white or anything.  I like the dark...

“I’m wearing my anti-gravity pants!” –NE89
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2005, 06:40:20 PM »
Dark is easier on the eyes.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print