Print

Author Topic: What's good on Wii Shop?  (Read 2145 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
So I've got 1400 Wii points (wait, they're called Nintendo points now, aren't they) sitting on my account at the moment, and nothing I've seen in my brief skimmings of the shop has really struck my interest. Is there anything on there that you'd recommend?
For reference, these are the games I currently have from the shop:
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby's Adventure
Ocarina of Time
Super Metroid
Super Mario RPG
World of Goo
F-Zero X
Pokemon Puzzle League
Bit.Trip Beat
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
Cave Story
Sin & Punishment

If you're willing to wait, La Mulana is coming to WiiWare and is definitely well worth your money.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »
The thing about Cave Story and La Mulana is that they're both also free PC games. I don't know what the situation is with La Mulana, but I don't really want to pay money for Cave Story when it doesn't have any significant differences from the free version. (The 3DS remake, on the other hand... that I'll pay for.) And what sort of game is Sin and Punishment, anyway?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
The console port of La Mulana is going to have vastly-improved graphics (keeping in mind the original is supposed to look like an MSX game) and be more player-friendly.

Sin & Punishment is a rail shooter from Treasure and is pretty cool.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »
All the BIT.TRIP games are good, but CORE and RUNNER are my two favorites by far.

Art Style: light trax  -- Very unique and cool racing game.

Chronos Twins DX -- You control two versions of the same dude simultaneously, one in the past and one in the future, on split screens. Controls similar to Mega Man.

Contra Rebirth -- To anyone who likes Contra III I would recommend this 100%.

LostWinds -- An explore-y platformer where the remote pointer controls the wind and the nunchuck controls the dude. There's a sequel now that I haven't played.

Swords & Soldiers -- A 2D sidescrolling RTS with 3 unique factions. This has since been ported to other platforms.

And who could forget Bloody Wolf -- The Best VC Game

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 02:11:24 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about the ReBirth games. There's also Gradius ReBirth and The Castlevania Adventure ReBirth; I've heard good things about the Gradius game (including from the guy who, last I heard, has the world record) but haven't heard much about the Castlevania game.

Print