Print

Author Topic: Another year and what have you done?  (Read 3332 times)

« on: February 18, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »
This is a new year and what have you done? Has it changed you, your community or the world? Please post a comment here!
I see poop.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 07:05:38 PM »
It's been a new year for a while now, you know.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:20:39 AM »
Sometimes being good is about doing things, and sometimes it's about not doing things.  The not doing part is easy; everyone should be able to take care of that half:  Don't be mean; don't be wasteful; don't be a killing machine; &c.  However, the doing part is a little more difficult.  Recycling is probably the easiest.  Then, there's charity; that one can be kind of hard.

Anyway, I felt sorry for this puny topic, so those are my thoughts.  What should we do to make the world a better place?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:58:08 AM »
What should we do to make the world a better place? I'll tell you. Let others believe what they want to believe. That's the biggest problem in the world. We were attacked just because of what we believe. Sadam's reason: We are "tearing up" his religion and way of life. Our argument: How? Seriously, think about it. Almost every war the world has been through, beliefs have been involved. The other half of it is because of man-kind is greedy.

Don't you agree? Of course there is a lot of other causes for the world today. Hatred, laziness, greediness, prejudice, power; you name it. But then again we are all guilty of contributing bad to this world. What we have done may not be big, but every bit helps. You throw trash on the ground. It may not seem like a big deal, but when 6,000,000,000 people think the same way, it IS a big deal. Every brick in a building has their purpose. Know what I mean?

So we should rethink what we do, and help the world become a better place. God won't do everything for you. God gave you your own responsibility. He expects you to have control over yourself. The way I see it, God gave everyone a gift. It's time for everybody else to pay their dept to society. When the entire world sees that, then the world will have yet to be perfect.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 10:03:44 AM »
What we have done may not be big, but every bit helps.

I think you mean, "hurts".

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 06:59:22 PM »
This is a new year and what have you done? Has it changed you, your community or the world? Please post a comment here!

I meant last year. That's my fault tho, next time i'll try to be more specific.
I see poop.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »
This past year, I've focused on being a better person in general. I mean, as far as swearing, I've probly gotten worse, but I don't believe what you say determines what kind of person you are, what you do determines what kind of person you are. And I've really changed how I do things, so hopefully I've achieved my goal.

And when it comes to making the world a better place? I honestly don't believe much can be done at this point. USA is too dedicated in the war in iraq for there to be peace anytime soon, as far as the Government, I believe that we're at a point where it's about to collapse under itself, but I'm not going into detail as far as that goes lol, there are a whole lot of thoughts that could be considered conpiracies and paranoia. . .which it probly is, but I don't trust the Gov't as far as I could throw it. . .

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 07:50:39 PM »

I cleaned the guinea pig cage without being asked. And washed dishes, too. Does that count?
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 08:02:01 PM »
I've skied for awhile, it hasnt really changed anything, except the way I feel.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »
I like how Khold is pro-active... Ugh, I hate to use that stupid word, but I couldn't think of a better one.  Anyway, I like it.  Khold seems young and strong-spirited.  Me, though, I'm old and beat up.  I want to save the world, but I'm sooo tired.  I'll do my part, but I probably won't change many others...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 09:05:11 PM »
Thanks, DeadAwake. I do try my best to be helping. Like I said, why ruin someone when you feel better if you help them? Helping people makes me feel good inside. You know what I mean? I'm trying to be the nicest and most caring person I can be. I've learned that it's best to start off your life like that. People say that I matured when I was young...

With some people, when they have the ability, and with almost no work required, they refuse to be helpful. Littering is a big example of that. Graffiti, violence, crime; it's all just a humans being greedy.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »
I have a parttime job. Me and Jade(Serafina Pekkala) are superheroes. *nods*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print