Print

Author Topic: Weekend Movie: TMK's GC 2007 Round-Up  (Read 6461 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:18:06 AM »

To further those sessions between gaming, TMK's Blog will be providing you with Weekend Movie. These posts will highlight a video the blogger felt worthy of sharing. If you come across a video, or videos, feel free to submit it!

Alright, you can say this weekend's movie is a complete wash, but I beg to differ. See, I waited patiently until today to post all the new, awesome, fanatastic links to all the videos that were taken of Super Mario Galaxy and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games from the Game Convention 2007. Unlike other sites that make needless posts after posts and force you to compile the video inks yourself, I've linked to each video, divided by game, in one simple place. Not only that, but I also went ahead and rounded up any articles and pictures about the games! Am I not just the greatest?

I imagine this may eat up a good part of your weekend if you watch them all. Enjoy this weekend's movie, TMK's GC 2007 Round-Up.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics Games
Video
TMKVideos
GC 2007: Mario & Sonic 'Yoshi Dash'
NintendoWorldReport
Impressions (Video located middle of article)
GameTrailers
GC 2007 110 Meter Hurdles Cam Gameplay
GC 2007 100 Meter Dash Cam Gameplay
YouTube
GC 2007 Competition
Articles
Gamespot
GC 2007 Impressions
IGN
GC 2007 Impressions
Jeux-France
GC 2007 Demo
Pictures
Famitsu
4 Photos
Jeux-France
17 Photos
NintendoWorldReport
27 Photos
TMK
24 Screenshots

Super Mario Galaxy
Videos
GameTrailers
GC 2007 Green Planet Cam Gameplay
GC 2007 Gateway World Cam Gameplay Pt. 1
GC 2007 Gateway World Cam Gameplay Pt. 2
CVG
Egg Planet Galaxy: The Prehistoric Piranha
Cookie Factory Galaxy: Conquering the Sweet Cake
IGN
GC 2007 Videos: Upside Downside, Level Assemble!,  Buzzing About, Just Bee
Jeux-France
Cookie Factory Galaxy: You can't film that!
Articles
Gamespot
GDC 2007 Impressions
IGN
Impressions and Information Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Pictures
Jeux-France
17 Photos
TMK
Six Screenshots

Past Weekend Movies (Most Recent): Summer 2007 Edition
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:11:41 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:51:46 AM »
For some reason the CVG web pages are appearing completely scrambled on my computer.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »
If you want to hear classic (yet little, if ever, reused) Mario music, check out CVG's Cookie Factory video.  (Also, the platforming is just cool).

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »
Holy cow!

1) That is my favorite Mario tune to play on piano and it is totally weird yet pimp to hear it outside of SMB3. I guess if Kondo doesn't really compose anymore... reuse his good non-reused stuff!

2) That game looks ultrauber.

3) It doesn't look "too easy" either.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
Holy cow!

1) That is my favorite Mario tune to play on piano and it is totally weird yet pimp to hear it outside of SMB3. I guess if Kondo doesn't really compose anymore... reuse his good non-reused stuff!

He doesn't compose music? I thought he worked on Sunshine (and for some reason I also thought he was working with Brawl)...
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »
Kondo writes very little these days. He is more of a sound-overseer at EAD. He wrote one or two themes for Twilight Princess, and maybe the main theme for Super Mario Sunshine, but most of it is written by underlings.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 09:42:18 PM »

Hear hear!

I reacted a little too loudly to hearing the music, and mom yelled up the stairs, asking me if I was ok. :D

It is so great to hear that song again outside of SMB3.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:43:47 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 10:13:33 PM »
SSBM remixed a different song from SMB3 than that one.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 08:39:12 AM »
Hm... that Prehistoric Piranha battle looked a little too easy.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »
SSBM remixed a different song from SMB3 than that one.

Whoops. You're right! Somehow, my mind just conected SMB3 with SSBM there for a second, and all thought was lost as I made that post. I guess you could say it was temporary insanity.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »
Looking at that video of the Cookie Factory Galaxy again, the picture is seen being played with a stretched image (it's made most obvious during the "Welcome to the Galaxy"- you can see the life meter suddenly move and stretch), even though most other game play videos show it is widescreen compatible. That kind of thing irritates me. It's like in all the Wii ads and spots with people playing on widescreen televisions with stretched images. Why is it that no one in those videos takes advantage of the widescreen-compatibility of games on a widescreen television?

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »
Why is it that no one in those videos takes advantage of the widescreen-compatibility of games on a widescreen television?

Because they are like me and are slightly technologically challenged. They don't know how to turn it on (the widescreen thing, not the TV).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »
It's in the Wii's manual.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 07:04:32 PM »
Rule number one of the slightly technologically challenged lifestyle, do not read the manual.

Print