Print

Author Topic: New Mario & Sonic pics emerge  (Read 7822 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games isn't just about the love of the game. For example, this screenshot shows the race for the cure, and look at all the celebrity faces that showed up! We got Luigi, Tails, Mario, Peach, Sonic, Robotnik- er, Eggman, Knuckles and even Bowser. Yes, we are at a dawn of a new era, where even enemies can set aside their differences and compete for a good cause. The fight against mediocre games cannot be won by chili dogs or mushrooms alone. No, these runners need your support.

Okay, enough with the fluff, enjoy some more of these screenshots, in all their non-HD resolution, after the jump (aka "Discuss in the Fungi Forums"). Does anyone else get the feeling this game is going to have too much Sonic in their Mario game?

Link: gaming-universe (DS version screenshots)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »
In that first picture, how is Bowser supposed to compete with the others?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:44:42 PM »
By either whipping out his go-kart, or running like he does in SSBM.

.. now where the heck is Toad?!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:50:12 PM »
Look closely... many Toads fill the audience seats, if I'm not mistaken.
So far, I'm not sure if this is working for me. Aside from the fact it's a sports spin-off I wouldn't have as much fun playing as Brawl, I don't know if the Mario and Sonic idea is so wonderful. Just my opinion.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 11:05:03 PM »
For the hammer toss, they should let Mario throw Bowser.

So long, kay Bowser!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 04:18:37 AM »
"Jump from HD"? uh, wha?

Now that I look at it, Tails's tails look like they belong on the N64.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:30 AM »
Look closely... many Toads fill the audience seats, if I'm not mistaken.

You're not mistaken, but I was talking about the one Toad, the playable Toad.

*sighs* Why doesn't anybody get confused like this when talking about Yoshi?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 04:53:34 PM »
I'm surprised they put Eggman and Bowser in as playable characters (I would have put my money on appearances by Toad and Amy, or characters along those lines). Also, the Wikipedia page states that Cream is playable as well.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Awesome, Dr. Eggman's my favorite Sonic character, and I'm surprised(But HAPPY) they included him!
I'll think of a better signature later!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »
I could see Eggman doing well actually. Considering that he was able to outrun Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Chaos (and probably other games too).
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 04:52:51 PM »
Something's odd with the first picture:  Everyone's head is down except for Knuckles.  Or the Noid.  That red thing.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 08:30:53 AM »
He has his head down. It just looks like his head is up. Do you get what I'm saying? Look closely at his head and everyone else's' heads.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:48 AM »
Super Sonic hedgehog against an overweight plumber from Brooklyn in a race.

If anyone wants to take bets on this, they can do it now.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
but if you watch the video, it's neck and neck. Maybe Sonic's just being nice:

http://www.youtube.com/tmkvideos
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 12:05:23 PM »
Robotnik! hahaha

Print