Print

Author Topic: Font color disabled  (Read 30863 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »
I thought you were banned for flooding Forum Games with all your FOR REAL threads.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
I was banned four months for posting The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel's ceiling.

Why?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
Because it was a very special version of said work. :D
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
Ohh, gotcha.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »
Clearly, getting rid of images would raise the level of discourse, reduce our dependence on 4channery, and make us all more mature. Just look at the GameFAQs message boards.

I thought you were banned for flooding Forum Games with all your FOR REAL threads.
Hey, I helped with that too! I still consider the race through the presidents with PL one of the most epic events I've experienced on this board, as mind-numbingly inane as it was, and as much as everyone else probably hated it. And Let's Count To Grown Up FOR REAL was pretty awesome too. But yeah, as best as I remember, the major historical event that that night led to was BP getting fed up with us and leaving, not an LD ban.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
I still consider the race through the presidents with PL one of the most epic events I've experienced on this board

I couldn't stop laughing that day. XD
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »
Hey, I helped with that too!
To a lesser extent.  LD was the biggest single contributor by far.

Also, I hadn't read through the presidents thread before today and I'm still not sure whether I regret doing so or not.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
Yes, I was the biggest single contributor to the last time the Fungi Forums was ever fun and exciting. You're welcome.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »
To you, maybe. Little do you plebes all know that this forum was never fun or exciting! Hahaha!
every

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »
It used to be fun.

Because of this forum I got to go to L.A. and meet a bunch of cool people (who are no longer here). That's fun. Every day I got to read many things that amused and delighted me, and was inspired to write things that amused and delighted me.

Now, I only read things that enrage and upset me and usually respond in kind. Almost every thread is a generic "post X here" with no discussion or meaningful theme. Endless unoriginal sexual innuendo are pointed out at every possible chance. Either my sense of humor changed or else anyone with one stopped posting.

Is it anyone's fault in particular that the FF died? Not really. The mature old-timers drifted away, they got replaced by immature new-schoolers, the mods left or stopped caring, people like me got corrupted. Death spiral.

There is still some good, though. Video Game Chat is okay when not talking about POKéMON. Three or four of the Fan Creation threads are seriously pr0 work. The Neptune's Pride game was a hoot. #SilicaGelEmpire is still a very good chatroom.

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »
Nostalgia glasses, man. It's evident that you've changed more than the FF has. You now react negatively and cynically to what the former you would have appreciated, and that change resounds through the board.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10:30 PM »
Weegee, you've been here for like five minutes. LD was just as bitter when you joined as he is now, if not moreso.

And LD, I like how you conveniently dissociate yourself from any of the problems this board has faced. Just because you can QQ about stuff going downhill doesn't mean you didn't cause any of it.

The reason all the old farts (and medium farts like myself) love to whine about this place is because it's undergone a huge member transfusion. All the members we consider to be "cool" or "funny" have been lost in various accidents, and the Internet Hospital has cycled in new members from donors such as 4chan and whatever other happy-buttocks sites new members flock from. We're just an extremely vocal minority that likes to whine about this stuff to whoever'll listen. In short, this place is gaining a new identity, for better or for worse. We used to be a percocious little kid; now we're an obnoxious teenager. Only time will tell what this place will be like a couple years for now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:03:31 PM by Sapphira »
every

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:59 PM »
Weegee, you've been here for like five minutes. LD was just as bitter when you joined as he is now, if not moreso.

"The Deezer Bunch" doesn't seem particularly bitter, unless it contains some scathing, underlying message which I'm completely missing.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:51 AM »
While it's true I used to be a way bigger Mario (and video game in general) fan and thus was more engaged in this forum, I don't think I've grown to detest the majority of it because I've changed. There used to be cool, creative people here who didn't just spend every second insisting how right and how cool they are. Yeah, LD has grown more bitter and so I don't even like all the stuff he posts anymore. But we totally lost frostbite, Insane Steve, Watoad, steven9wii, etc. The list goes on.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2010, 06:21:56 AM »
You guys complain about the 4chanification of this place but constantly look for any and all excuses to give rabid lip service to Steven9wii. So like, what gives?
every

Print