Print

Author Topic: The Chef a mod?  (Read 51536 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »
*POPCORN YOSHI LULZ*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 10:45:28 PM »
You're just closing thread after thread for the sake of using your new power. The forum is dead enough without having threads closed every day.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2010, 10:47:50 PM »
In his defense, the last few have been some pretty lame threads.

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »
Lamers and n00bs are usually the only members with the balls to actually make new threads. Then everyone else comes to the thread and makes jokes or starts discussing/arguing about something. But The Chef is closing threads every day before they have a chance.

He should change his name to The Abortionist.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 11:03:27 PM »
He's closing threads because they don't deserve the chance.  And quite frankly, it's nice to see the rules (well, guidelines, in the case of the new thread) being enforced.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 11:37:48 PM »
Every thread deserves the chance.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
Says the guy who got fired for lack of contribution.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »
I personally don't see a point in reviving old threads. The only funny thing about that is the thread itself, not the post that bumped it. If I want to get a good laugh, I'll scroll through old threads.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »
I find it funny that when people ask about making a new thread, everyone else says to find it in old threads. But when old threads are posted in, they get flamed and closed. Or when there's no old thread to be found, and the new thread is made, it gets flamed and closed anyway.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
Well, a lot of the threads that have been revived lately have been crazy-ass and/or oddly specific ones started eight years ago. Not that I see a problem with bumping them, but they weren't exactly bristling with conversational potential.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »
I'm with LD on this one.  I've came to think of the "You ___, You ___" and "___ thread" threads as lame.    Some original threads are nice even if they see lame.  I'd just let the lame ones die in favor of getting a few good new ones instead of the general "post here" type threads that have sucked up so many posts lately. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2010, 02:15:50 AM »
Says the guy who got fired for lack of contribution.
Not exactly. I felt it would be a conflict of interest if I remained staff while dating Deezer's mum, so I quit.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »
Thus far The Chef has locked:
-two ancient threads, one bumped by Glorb in an attempt at humor, the other by a new user (do they just have every thread ever made in their "unread posts" list or something?)
-an especially-stupid forum game
-a thread that had served its purpose

I'm not seeing "thread after thread" being locked.

when old threads are posted in, they get flamed and closed
Because when old threads are posted in, it's usually either a new user bumping an ancient thread and responding to users who haven't visited this forum in years, or (until recently) Glorb.

when there's no old thread to be found, and the new thread is made, it gets flamed and closed anyway
When did this happen?

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2011, 01:17:53 AM »
I'm not seeing "thread after thread" being locked.
Now do you?

I don't know how The Chef became a mod, but it's ridiculous. He's mean-spirited to members and closes thread after thread that no one wants closed. Why does this guy have power? He uses it to make the Fungi Forums a worse place.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2011, 01:33:53 AM »
He's particularly horrible when it comes to insulting his fellow members, both here and in the chatroom (where he does so on a regular basis, and, as far as abusing his power there goes, he's been known to kick users for having different opinions than he does).

I propose an addition to the forum rules stating that moderators are not above the rules.

Print