Print

Author Topic: "So, all you do is play video games?"  (Read 31236 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2006, 10:53:14 PM »
"So, all you do is play video games?"

No.  I actually spend more time reading about video games then actually playing them.  I probably spent more time watching NSMB videos then it took me to complete it.

(Originally I intended this post to be sarcasm, but it may very well be true.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2006, 10:02:44 AM »
Why doesn't Glorb like Styx?
That was a joke.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2006, 12:04:12 PM »
1...2...3 i'm out of the forums from being banned.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2006, 02:38:53 PM »
-I play tennis and baseball
-I'm an avid gardener
-I'm a cooking prodigy

and yet, people still get the impression that games rule my life. fortunately, not as many as when I was little.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
My mom is oddly indifferent about games. She doesn't ignore the ratings and knows I can't play some games, but otherwise doesn't know a thing about them. She thinks of them as more of a quick diversion than a hobby, although, once in a blue moon, she'll play something with me. My dad, though, knows nothing about games or computers at all.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2006, 10:50:33 AM »
My parents are kinda like that, but the other way around(at least when they were still together). My dad knew the ratings, but really didn't care(he said I was mature enough), but not much other than that, and sometimes he would play games with me. My mom is oblivious to computers. I believe that she thinks a hardrive is something you do in a demolition derby.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »
Heh, hard drive. Oh crap, I just thought of an immature pun involving that...never mind.

But now that I think of it, my Dad probably just feigns computer ignorance. I mean, he still knows almost nothing about them, but during a technology-related conversation he goes around randomly spewing "rams and roms and bits and bytes" (an actual quote), so some of it must be a joke. My mom, on the other hand, is pretty computer-savvy.

*snort* (hard drive!)
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »
My parents don't think Nintendo is destroying my life. It's the first thing they'll threaten to ground me from, but that never happens (because I'm good). I have a few family members who DO think Nintendo's rotting my mind, but they're wrong. Not stupid or evil, just wrong. But then my cousin in law, he not only plays video games, but he plays all kinds of video games. Last time I was there, he had a PS2, a GameCube, an XBOX, and a Dreamcast. Oh, and a GBA. But yeah, whenever video games are brought up around anti-gamers, I just give off the implication that "Nothing you say can make me stop..." And they give up.
But now that I think of it, yesterday... all I did was play video games. XD But that was just yesterday.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »
As much as I'd love to play video games all day forever until I keel over, I unfortunately have work, which can range from taking 4 hours to a whole day. I will have to quit by September though since my parents work all night and my sister's going to college in the fall so I have to take care of my siblings. Then there's also my devotion to my many TV shows which takes about a couple hours each day depending on how long each show is. Then there's my little doodlings I do and my dog I take care of. There's also the internet which I'll usually use everyday for a couple of hours even If I really don't have anyplace in mind to go to, which usually results in me wasting time on Wikipedia, Uncyclopedia, YouTube, or the many Maddox knock offs. So yeah, video games don't rule my life, though seem people do get that impression when they see me since I'm always carrying my DS around with me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2006, 09:00:26 PM »
Why doesn't Glorb like Styx?

Yeah, Rock on CW!  Styx rules.  I came very close to seeing them in concert last year at the state fair.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2006, 07:44:28 AM »
Yeah i think that so many people are just bombarding gamers with insults because they dont know the fun and enjoyment out of gaming.Some people(my dad)just think that videogamers just sit in a dark room with the screen on and rot their brain.Some people dont know that in the army or driving school they use video games to train people.And no videogames dont deprive us of socializeing.I met most of my freinds through video games.Sometimes it can be the chick magnet.Just get a game everybody knows how to play (NSMB) and then everybody can enjoy.With the Wii coming out lets hope this stereotype will deminsih.So to all the people who diss video games and they dont know anything about it.....[hush your face]!!!!!! The Big O has spoken.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 03:49:10 PM by Sapphira »
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »
Exactly. Basically, games bashing has evolved from the 80's view of "it'll rot your brains" to the current view of "you won't make any friends playing games". It doesn't make any sense; in fact, it's hard NOT to make friends as a gamer, because there will always be someone who shares your hobby. I'm not entirely sure about it being a chick magnet...although my Wii would certainly be a chick magnet. Ba-dump-kssh!
every

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »
Suprisingly the DS lite seems to atract alot of attention.Maybe i had the right game?Maybe its the sleek look of the DS lite?Maybe i just got lucky?What ever it is i usually started taking my DS lite. ^_^' The Wii will defidently get lots of attention.(by the way if that was supposed to be a joke then...lol? I got the joke but ive heard it so many times.)
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2006, 09:59:54 PM »
STOP IT!!YOU ARE SO IMATURE MAN! Especialy when you made Funny character names!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 09:23:40 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2006, 11:38:52 PM »
* Bird Person's mind blows a fuse
Whaaaaaaaugh! Both of you! What would an English teacher think of such nightmarish grammar? I mean, I don't even put two spaces after punctuation, but no spaces at all?! Everyone who does that, IT MUST END!!!! And for the final time, it's C-H-A-R-A-C-T-E-R!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry... I just have been cursed with grammar perfectionism. It's quite a burden in today's world... Also, the humorously ironic flaming should end before it begins.

Edit: Oh, look at that... It seems I made an error of thought... are you attempting to bash Glorb? If that's the case... WTD? That post of Glorb's was ok. It's all true. I've made friends through gaming, but I wouldn't go giving a synopsis of Majora's Mask to a girl on our first date. If that ever happens.

Edit 2: Note that I don't take back what I raged about. It's been driving me crazy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:48:42 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print