Print

Author Topic: Your favorite part(s) about Super Mario Sunshine?  (Read 15933 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »
I liked it when you spray Toadsworth with water he goes "Oh my... Yaaaa, blah-blah-blah-blah."

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 08:59:17 PM »
It was very frustrating before I knew where the largest one was.

I found it frustrating after finding the largest one.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 09:37:55 PM »
Heh, yes, that was tough, but before I knew where the largest one was, I had painstakingly rolled every other watermelon available to the judging place.

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 06:36:47 AM »
Just in case anyone got the wrong idea, I actually absolutely hate the watermelon stuff in SMS.

There is a similar ball-rolling thing in Okami, and I totally blew at that too.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 09:01:04 AM »
Apart from everthing else, The final boss fight has got to be the coolest one in Mario history. (did someone already say this?)

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2007, 11:34:22 AM »
Personally, I was totally fascinated by the amazingly realistic water effects! Every time I go anywhere in any Level, I would tend to find the water source first, and check it out in every nook and cranny.
I also like the artistic style of shade rendering in the game’s graphics…
The colourfulness added to it sure puts quite a spectacle of bright and cheeriness.

Furthermore, I simply adore the highest places too, like that of Ricco Harbor and Nico Bay.
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »
I would have liked Noki Bay more if there was less difficulty in finding blue coins. That place always takes me the longest to find all the blue coins-- unless I'm forgetting Pianta Village.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:40:00 PM by Suffix »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
Isn't it Noki Bay?
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »
Chup is correct.

Another favorite part of mine was getting further in the game (~70 stars) in one day than my brother (who paid for it in the first place) did in months (probably ~20).

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2007, 04:40:26 AM »
Ooooh! Noki! That's right!!
That what happens when you get quite a name confusion after you've been playing The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker a bit too much!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2007, 03:46:26 AM »
Personally, I liked lots of things about Mario Sunshine...

My number one favorite part has got to be the secret sub-levels in each world.  They're like classic platforming sequences that remind me of the good ole Super Mario Bros. days.  I also like the cutscene in Pina Park, the one where Shadow Mario hovers above the pool of water, and the water begins rippling as Mecha-Bowser rises from underground...

I also REALLY like all the new moves Mario can master with FLUDD.  Simple things like spraying and then jumping can create large waves that destroy multiple enemies, or spraying while doing a spin-attack can shower groups of enemies.  These are amazing new skills.

These are only a fw of my favorite parts...what are yours?

I agree, I could play a  whole game of just the Secrets. I also like the fludd tricks. The new wall slide is cool too. The exclusion of the long jump mad me sad though. That's my favorite jump.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
I can't Bowser's sequence on YouTube. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
Err... What?! There's no verb!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2007, 03:50:11 PM »
lol find  Oh my stars!  I can't believe I let that one slip!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2007, 09:26:25 PM »
Ahhhhhh. I thought that might be it. Is this what you're looking for? (caution, spoilers)

Print