Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260328 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4350 on: July 11, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
Fairly neat things that have happened within the last 24 hours (give or take):

--(Yesterday morning) For the first time, I saw my dad tell a guy to "**** off". He deserved it.
--Climbed Diamond Head (soon thereafter the above).
--(Last night) Went to the premiere (and pre-show crowded quasi-reception) of my choreographer uncle's directorial debut, the play based on The Wedding Singer (the film was on TV mere days before).
--(A few hours ago) Went to the Pearl Harbor/USS Arizona Memorial(s).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4351 on: July 12, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »
SB, do you live in Hawaii, or are you on vacation? Just curious.

At least you aren't spending 75% of your waking hours alone in a giant, darkened computer lab, eh?

Make that 90%. Well, at least the room is actually reasonably well-lit... AWW, WHO AM I KIDDING
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4352 on: July 12, 2009, 01:59:25 PM »
In honor of Pt Peach's 16th, we should get some Neil Sedaka playing.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #4353 on: July 12, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »
I commend your knowledge of pre-British Invasion music, Jman. Heck, why not give Pt_Peach the Sweet Sixteen Rock 'N' Roll gauntlet? Chuck Berry, the Crests, and some Ringo for good measure.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4354 on: July 12, 2009, 07:13:46 PM »
Yo, you got any Will Smith?

Ooh! Play "Get Jiggy With It"!
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4355 on: July 12, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »
SB, do you live in Hawaii, or are you on vacation? Just curious.
I thought y'all knew I lived in Washington! Besides...

So, yeah, I'm on vacation.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4356 on: July 12, 2009, 11:03:23 PM »
That was sweet, whoever made that video for that Amy chick. Nice songs, too :)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4357 on: July 13, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »
My uncle is currently in a state prison upstate. He's been there for about a year or so. Maybe two. However, next month, I hear we're going up to see him. If this pulls through, I will be very happy.

« Reply #4358 on: July 13, 2009, 11:49:16 PM »
My friend sent me the original Harvest Moon on Virtual Console for my birthday and I finally found a driving school that has good rates. That's one more teen driver on the road.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4359 on: July 14, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »
That was sweet, whoever made that video for that Amy chick. Nice songs, too :)
Whoa. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about me, seeing as I go by the name N64 Chick, but my real name is Amy.

Anyway, it seems like every day is a new adventure ever since I moved here. Things were so monotonous back in Michigan. There are good days and some bad ones. But overall, I've been adjusting to North Carolina pretty well. Better than my mother expected me to anyway. :)
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4360 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
Good to hear, N64 Chick. Just goes to show that the lower your expecations are, the better an experience you'll have. It's pessimistic but true.

That's one more teen driver on the road.

Must... resist... making... sexist... comment...

Anyways, I just gots me a replica Mario hat, courtesy of Club Nintendo. Platinum members were given the choice between that and a Punch-Out WiiWare minigame, while those who attained Gold status were rewarded with a Nintendo-themed calendar.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4361 on: July 14, 2009, 02:15:08 PM »
Now that you mentioned that, I'll be getting the Mario hat too. Wonder how the nephews will react to it. XD
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4362 on: July 14, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »
Driving's easy. Just remember when it's best to do a Side Attack and when it's better to do a Spin Attack.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4363 on: July 14, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
My friend sent me the original Harvest Moon on Virtual Console for my birthday and I finally found a driving school that has good rates. That's one more teen driver on the road.

Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy driving more than I do.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4364 on: July 14, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
Driving is great. Not a whole lot of experience myself, but let me tell you, getting to finally pilot around something I previously only slept in was awesome.
every

Print