Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1266670 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4365 on: July 14, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
 Driving back home in New York was always fine but I have to say since I've moved down here to Maryland driving is a serious pain. When I was interning out in Seattle last summer driving wasn't bad for a big city, but here in Maryland the drivers are awful. They're some of the most aggressive drivers I've ever seen, and there's really no reason for it.

But driving in general is not that bad. It might take a little getting used to, but once you get the parallel park down everything else is a cinch!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4366 on: July 14, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »
Why does everyone hate drivers from Maryland?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4367 on: July 14, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
I don't know about Maryland, but in the south I think there must be some kind of law requiring car dealers to disconnect or swap the wiring on a certain number of car blinkers. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:55:47 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4368 on: July 14, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
Whenever someone doesn't use their blinker around me, I die a little bit inside.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4369 on: July 14, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »
Driving is great. Not a whole lot of experience myself, but let me tell you, getting to finally pilot around something I previously only slept in was awesome.

If that thing you were piloting were a starship, I would agree.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4370 on: July 16, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
My dad just got home and told me he owed me $5 less (backstory: I lent him $300 to help pay bills and such, and since he hasn't had the money to pay me back, I've basically been buying stuff online through him and taking it out of what he owes me). He then handed me a copy of The Sims and several expansions - apparently he got them for a dollar each.

EDIT: Oh, I also forgot about the copies of Myst and The Crystal Method's Vegas.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:57:35 PM by WarpRattler »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4371 on: July 16, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
Heeeellz yeah.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4372 on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »
Double Post Tiem.

I just played my first public game on Suffix's TF2 map. I don't think I've ever played on such a complicated map before.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4373 on: July 20, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
Criminy! It wasn't Platform 1, was it? It was Camping Trip B8, right?!

Wait, this was on a Ville server, right?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4374 on: July 20, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
Yes and yes.

By the way, was all that sewer stuff there before? 'Cause I remember getting into the enemy's intel room to be a bit easier back when I did that little demo.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4375 on: July 20, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
Nope, the sewer stuff is new to B8. In B7v3, there was only the stair route, and that was kind of boring, see. I don't recall how old that demo was that you did.

EDIT: By the way, what kind of complicated are you talking about here? Difficult to navigate (permanently)? Bizarre routes to take?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:49:19 PM by Suffix »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4376 on: July 20, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
Downloaded Sonic Unleashed and Mirror's Edge demos yesterday on a whim. The former seemed tolerable (but I know enough about the whole Werehog thing to not get suckered into a full purchase), while I may just consider trying to get the latter on the cheap.

Also, I tried making my own 7-Up the other day.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4377 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4378 on: July 21, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »
Nope, the sewer stuff is new to B8. In B7v3, there was only the stair route, and that was kind of boring, see. I don't recall how old that demo was that you did.

EDIT: By the way, what kind of complicated are you talking about here? Difficult to navigate (permanently)? Bizarre routes to take?

Well, I noticed I and some other Scouts were constantly running into little bits of scenery and seemingly unnecesary corners and such. The map as a whole is stunning, but seems a little too bunched-together and cluttered. Making all the spaces wider as a whole would improve the map's navigability, in my opinion.
every

« Reply #4379 on: July 21, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »
I finally caught a tarantula in AC:CF last night! He was about turn to turn and see me coming at him, but I just kept running at him and swung the net at just the right time. A split second later would've been too late!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print