Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1267285 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4380 on: July 21, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »
The only downside to real driving is that  you can't shoot red shells at the annoying drivers in front of you.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4381 on: July 21, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
But on the upside you don't have to worry about flying blue shells.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4382 on: July 21, 2009, 10:06:16 PM »
I got accepted to the Muslim Youth Leadership Program in Sacramento. 1 of 35 :) And to top it off my mom is actually letting me go. Alone. This is a huge step for her.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4383 on: July 22, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »
The most exclusive thing I've ever been accepted into was, like, Sam's Club.

I'm putting this in the Hopeful thread because I like cheap bulk soda.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4384 on: July 22, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
I like free samples everywhere and slightly cheaper video games and a built-in pizza place where $2.50 gets you two big slices of fresh-baked pizza with toppings and a 32-oz soda with infinite refills.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4385 on: July 22, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
I like the muffins.  Seriously, once you've tasted their bakery's chocolate-chocolate chip muffins, there's no going back to other ones.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4386 on: July 22, 2009, 11:33:40 PM »
You people just described Costco to a tee. Kudos.

Anyways, we've returned from the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame, and I've concluded that it was pretty amazing. Exhibits included the ensemble Bruce Springsteen wore for the cover of  Born in the U.S.A, John Lennon's actual Sgt. Pepper's jacket, the original, handwritten lyrics of various Beatles songs, a wall displaying the signatures of virtually every Hall of Fame inductee, and enough music and related musical memorobilia to make one poop a little. My spoils consisted of two shirts, three CDs, and a coaster.

EDIT: Pictures are up. In order, these are George Harrison's chrome-plated 1962 Mini Austin, a rather shoddy makeshift Michael Jackson memorial, Billy Joel's motorcycle, the partial interior of Johnny Cash's favourite tour bus, and the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame's exterior.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:21:52 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4387 on: July 28, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »
Cool... I'll have to go there some time.

I caught a Shiny Geodude the other day. Oh, and this morning, I finally saw some of that movie where Harrison Ford is an Amish (Witness?)--including the punching part.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4388 on: July 28, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »
...Isn't this coming from the same guy who hatched a shiny Larvitar, and an Adamant-natured one at that? Discounting that mandatory Red Gyarydos, I haven't seen, let alone caught, a shiny Pokemon since one Goldeen in Crystal... but now is not the time for angst.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4389 on: July 29, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »
Captain Jim was the one who hatched the shiny Larvitar.

...ah, Geodude.  That was my first shiny Pokemon.  Out of curiosity, ShadowBrain, in which route did you catch it?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4390 on: July 29, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »
Route 210, north of Solaceon town.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4391 on: July 29, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
That reminds me, I still need 3 more Pokemon to fill my Sinnoh Dex.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #4392 on: July 29, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »
Captain Jim was the one who hatched the shiny Larvitar.

My apologies, guy.

« Reply #4393 on: July 29, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
...Isn't this coming from the same guy who hatched a shiny Larvitar, and an Adamant-natured one at that? Discounting that mandatory Red Gyarydos, I haven't seen, let alone caught, a shiny Pokemon since one Goldeen in Crystal... but now is not the time for angst.

Oh yeah? Aside from Gyrados, I've never seen any in the wild. I own every single main game, and caught all 493 in in Pearl. >_>

Aside from that, one of my friends came back from Israel. ^_^

« Reply #4394 on: July 29, 2009, 05:59:40 PM »
Speaking of Pokemon, I purchased Platinum today. It's a lot of fun considering I haven't played a new Pokemon game since Blue/Red/Yellow.

I picked Chimchar as my starter. What's better than a flamethrowing monkey?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print