Print

Author Topic: Birdo and Captain Rainbow  (Read 20761 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »
Birdo has a prominent role in the Captain Rainbow trailer released recently. In this new Wii game from the makers of Chibi-Robo and GiFTPiA, the eponymous hero visits Mimin Island, home to obscure Nintendo characters. Since not much information is known at this time, it's possible that more Mario characters will be included.

Captain Rainbow currently has no Japanese release date set and has not yet been announced for North America.

Link: Captain Rainbow trailer
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:27:11 PM by Deezer »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »
I can say with confidence that Birdo is the Mario character I would most like to see utterly obliterated and never appear again. She is my least favorite. Having her paired with my favorite Mario character makes me unhappy as well. And the lingering "confusion" of Birdo's gender makes it that much worse.

But, obscure Nintendo characters, hmmmmmmm??? Okay.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 12:35:29 AM »
You mean you are not a Birdo Person?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 06:55:14 AM »
Obscure Nintendo characters? Perhaps this will mark the great return of Stanley the Bugman!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »
Maybe Tatanga? Well, he actually has fans...

Birdo has a prominent role in the Captain Rainbow trailer released recently. In this new Wii game from the makers of Chibi-Robo and GiFTPiA, the eponymous hero visits Mimin Island, home to obscure Nintendo characters. Since not much information is known at this time, it's possible that more Mario characters will be included.

Captain Rainbow currently has no Japanese release date set and has not yet been announced for North America.

Link: Captain Rainbow trailer

Um, isn't Capcom making this game...?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »
It seems that any Mario character will always outdo Toad... In appearances.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »
Birdo's voice pretty much confirms that it is male.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »
From what I heard on IGN, this game will star multiple super-obscure Nintendo characters. But how's Birdo obscure? Most Mario Fans wish she was obscure...
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
Super Mario Bros. Headquarters Negelected Characters-Is this their "Dream Game"?

Let's make a Wish List-
1. WART!!!
2. Geno
3. Tatanga
4. Boom Boom

Someone add on...Copy and Paste!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:04:25 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »
Birdo's voice pretty much confirms that it is male.
We're working on a Birdo special that will cover this, but in Japan, Birdo is still a male who thinks he's female. At the beginning, one of the subtitles says "Atashi wa Catherine" (I am Catherine), but atashi is primarily used by females. Also, the subtitles are pretty interesting because the spoken Japanese sounds like it's scrambled and does not match the subtitles. For example, every time "E?" (pronounced "Eh?") comes up the voice says "Torima?"

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »
Um, isn't Capcom making this game...?

No, it's being made by Skip.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Is Captain Rainbow some new character to the video game world, or... the opposite?
Noy Duh

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 04:35:17 PM »
If he's not new, he fits the theme of obscurity pretty well.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
This is actually the perfect game to be released after Brawl; all of the people who didn't get the obscure characters they wanted in Brawl will get them now. (eg: Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight and Takamaru from Nazo no Murasamejō)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »
I hope Kirby's animal friends are in this game.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

Print