Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50536 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2007, 05:41:25 PM »
I can't believe no one brought up the "execution" deaths in RE4; basically, they're a special little scene that plays out when your health is in the red and the blow dealt does enough damage to kill you. For example, the chainsaw dude's execution kill has Leon holding the chainsaw back until the chainsaw goes into his neck, and Garrador has this awesome thing where he impales his head, then guts him. They're pretty gory, but cool.
every

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »
One of two of the worst ways to die in RE4 in my opinion was when the Garradors would skewer your character's head, lift him up, and then skewer his stomach. The second way was when the Novistador would spew acid on your head and your character dies with all the skin rotted away.
Good job reading the thread, Glorb.

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2007, 09:25:35 PM »
Running out of time, the wierdest way to die

You know, I've always wondered what it is about the timer running out that kills our game characters (other than the fact that the programmers programmed it that way)..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »
Games are games, not reality simulators. People these days often seem to forget that.
That was a joke.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2007, 12:09:31 AM »
So playing as Mario saving someone's life is just a game?  I HATE timed levels on all games.

An LoZ simulator would ROCK.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2007, 12:31:49 AM »
I'm sorry you don't understand how games are designed.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2007, 08:20:31 AM »
Me neither, nobody knows, except you, Chup! So please, do tell.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Chup means that these are GAMES, not real life action simulators, meant to take you away from this world to an otherworldly place. Therefore, the time limit adds a new element of challenge to the GAME. Sugesting that time limits are stupid is as ignorant as wondering why monoply dosent use actual money (though some people do play with real money). 
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2007, 06:47:24 PM »
Funny thing, too, as to me one of the hardest games in the Mario series is SMB2 (US) which had NO time limit!! Bwahahahaaa!! I'm impossibly bad at SMB2. I got 99 lives using a shell and infinitely generates Shy Guys, and still came close to a game over near the end.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
You know what a lousy way to die in any game is? Falling through the ground. I realize that game design is a long and arduous process, and it's virtually impossible to find and fix every bug, but [wtd]?!

Oh, by the way...

Good job reading the thread, Glorb.

Whoops.
every

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2007, 07:31:15 PM »
When a zombie comes out and screams at the top of their lungs right when you are about to the end of the mouse avoider game

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2007, 09:04:08 PM »
I bet that scream has given a few people fatal heart attacks.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2007, 01:51:25 AM »
I approve of this Worst Way To Die. :)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2007, 08:57:12 AM »
BLUE SHELLS.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
You don't actually die with Blue shells, you just get hit.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print