Print

Author Topic: <3 Valentine's Day Thread <3  (Read 64062 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »
Tomorrow, I plan on watching the TV Land Love Boat marathon all day, as the school day's been cancelled due to snow (finally! SNOOOWW!!!) That is, assuming there's a Love Boat marathon, which there should be; if not, I'll watch the Sci-Fi Channel Valentine's Day Twilight Zone Sooh-per Mare-uh-thawn, as they have one of those for every holiday.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »
I'll be home from school because a Snow day on Wednesday is inevitable by this point...
Just die, man.
What's wrong with liking school?

Oh, and whatever, Valentine's Day is pretty okay, but since I don't have a girlfriend, I feel like a Jew on Christmas. I don't really like holidays like this anyway, it's not so much a celebration as it is a competition to give the best present to your significant other, not caring about the fact that all of the money you spent on that stupid teddy bear could feed like, 20 people in some Third-World nation. That seems to be a better gift of love to me. But yeah, I say we just stop giving stuff on Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, etc.. It just robs the meaning of the Holiday (Unless it was originally a holiday of giving) and makes people feel bad when they don't give/get an impressive gift. Birthdays, maybe, but any other time, no. I also say we get rid of Santa and the Easter Bunny. They're stupid and pointless and make me want to harm an innocent rat.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »
With all your guys' schools getting canceled, I'd hate to be an elementary schooler getting his Valentine's Party canceled. Somebody think of the children!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 03:23:07 PM »
SS, I can't believe you hate gifts. If all everyone did on Christmas was contemplate Jesus's birth or whatever, then a whole lot of people would be left out. Same deal with Halloween, since that started out as a Pagan religious ritual called Sanhaim, then become All Saints' Day, which had little to do with the original. If it didn't become Costumes and Candy and AMC Monsterfest Day, then everyone except Pagans would be left out.

Besides, seriously, getting gifts rocks. If it's a lousy gift, it's not like you paid for it, so it's a win/win situation, sort of.
every

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »
He never said he hated gifts. And how dare you get on his case for not being selfish, for caring more about other people than about getting something. You go, Solid! If only more people had that outlook.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »
Having school canceled on Valentine's is kinda useful if someone wants to buy something for that special someone in school.  School is canceled and then the person can go late that night to get a bunch of cheap things, show up to school the next day and make it seem like they went all out for them.

Hey, what's wrong with Santa?  All he ever wanted was to give good little boys and girls gifts.  Granted, we all know that the Easter Bunny is an egg-laying mutant, but Santa is innocent!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
Meh... I never really cared about Valentine's day. I used to really like it when I was a kid because the teachers made everyone give everyone else candy. Now Its just one of those other holidays that I don't really notice.

...Something else thats weird is that a whole bunch of girls are talking to me and I'm just sitting there going "uh-huh" =.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 05:00:59 PM »
Everyone in this thread is wrong.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 05:26:37 PM »
And you, of course, are the person to judge that. Don't you ever have anything considerate and actually helpful to say?

I'm getting really sick of your condescending remarks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:30:25 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 06:12:17 PM »
Anyone wanna be my Valentine? *puppy face*
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
I used to really like it when I was a kid because the teachers made everyone give everyone else candy.
I always thought that was stupid. Was it meant to not hurt the feelings of a kid who might not get something otherwise?

They're stupid and pointless and make me want to harm an inocent rat.
Fixed.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 07:07:22 PM »
I hated Valentines Day before it became cool.

But in reality, I do like it because I get to comfort hot girls on the rebound. As Borat once said, "Is very nice".
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 07:20:19 PM »
My fiancee and I will be working tomorrow, so we had ours today (since we were both off)..

We went to lunch at a place called Colton's (we've eaten there before, very good food), and then we went back to our apartment and I gave her a card (store bought) and a DVD (The Last Unicorn, anybody heard of it/remember it?), and she gave me a Wii points card and a big kiss on the lips *blush*.

After that, we sat around and I played Wii while she figured out how to do landscape drawings (she's a very talented artist).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »
Wow, I actually have PLANS on Valentine's day! Amazing!

It's a normal Wednesday for me in that I'll be working in the early evening, but a friend of mine invited me to a Valentine's day party/gathering of sorts, so I'll be there after work, hanging out with a bunch of friends. I love those guys! Whee! Excitement! Exclaimation points! ^_^

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 02:19:38 AM »
What a flip-flopper.

Anyway, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Print