Print

Author Topic: Beating Super Mario World 100%  (Read 11288 times)

« on: December 14, 2007, 11:25:34 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to beat Super Mario World 100%. Can someone list all of the tasks I need to complete to do to this?

Thanks,

Kate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:48:13 PM »
Pretty much... find all 96 goals. A little star will appear by the number 96 on the file select screen.

Unless you mean Super Mario Advance 2. There, you would find all 96 goals and get five dragon coins in each level. And I guess hatching all colors of Yoshi would matter.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »
Thanks!

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »
Also, what help me was realising that red spaces has two paths. It's kind of easy to figure out were to look after that.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 02:09:21 PM »
Red space, and also all the ghost houses, right?  Or just most of them?

Anyway, yeah, it's good to learn the color-coding of a game early on.  Like in Kirby's Adventure, where you have to realize that if a level door stays brown when you beat it, that means you still need to find a secret switch there.  I just hate when games expect me to distinguish bright green from bright yellow, because I'm color-blind enough that I can't judge the difference very easily.  "Will THIS egg turn the enemies into stars?  I don't know!"  "Should I hop onto that mushroom or THAT mushroom?  I just don't know until it's too late!"
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »
At least in Donkey Kong Country, you knew once you found all secrets in a level because it'd display a ! after the name. When I first played DKC at a young age I didn't know what the ! meant, so I just thought that randomly the game wants me to shout the level name instead. Alright, should we try Coral Capers next, or return to JUNGLE HIJINX!!! to get more lives first?

Annoying thing about SMW is that once you've beaten the game and found all Red Level (I refuse to call them "goals") 2nd exits, you may find that you're still missing some levels. I remember being confused about whether the Back Gate to Bowser's Castle was counted as a separate level (doesn't seem like it).

I forget, do the 8 goals in the Special World count? I think they do. That was such a cool world, but the fact that the levels were so much harder than anything else in the game made me think that it was a secret "pro" section only for those who really wanted to complete the game front and back.

I recommend trying to get through the levels without save states though, just to be satisfied when you get 100%, because I think the level before the Back Gate to Bowser's Castle is still the toughest level in the game, tougher than Special World (since late in the Special World you can just fly over everything). The reason is that part in the level where you're hopping across platforms that have spikes crashing down. There's no safe ground, and don't count on losing one power to save you because I found that getting crushed by those things kills you anyway. It's a lot of work just to save a few minutes of considerably less effort going through the front gate.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »
How about collecting ALL of the Yoshi Coins?

I heard a rumor that if you get all of the Yoshi Coins, they turn into Peach coins, but I've been too lazy to find out.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »
It's true they do I did it twice.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 06:00:23 AM »
It's true they do I did it twice.

Yeah, me too... and it's HARD!  The second time I actually got them all before even beating Bowser.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:26:45 PM »
I didn't know about the "!" thing in DKC, thanks! (I was thinking, "Poison Pond!???, what's so special about it what it has an exclamation mark?", etc.)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »
I heard a rumor that if you get all of the Yoshi Coins, they turn into Peach coins, but I've been too lazy to find out.
It's true, they do. I've done it twice.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
That's almost an exact copy of what nensondubois said (or was it deliberate to fix the grammar?)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 01:58:29 PM »
Probably not.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
Red space, and also all the ghost houses, right?  Or just most of them?

Vanilla Ghost House and Chocolate Ghost House do not have a 2nd exit.

As a general rule, make sure that you find two exits in each level that has a red dot on the map as well as all Ghost Houses except the two I just mentioned. This can be a bit confusing with the Star World stages and Forest Ghost House since the normal exits don't lead anywhere.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print