Print

Author Topic: Mushroomy Kingdom (and Music) in Brawl  (Read 25112 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 01:27:26 AM »
Man... I like bloom. A lot. I also really like this stage. It looks ... old. And stuff that looks old is good. Also a touch of realism is a wild twist on Mario stuff.
Also, the sky and the field in the background are beautiful.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:30:26 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 06:06:49 PM »
It's just a logical extension of the dry, cracked, brown earth that showed up in the original game.

Except there were some lush, green, bushes...and those little round tree things...
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »
and those little round tree things...

Trees
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
^ Funniest post of the day.

Grats!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 11:52:13 PM »
I think the reason its so... brown and stuff is cause its the same level that was played back in the release date! Eventually people stopped played it, it was placed in a vacuum, and the native fauna was forced to succumb to the harsh climates. Over the years, everything had decayed, except the blocks, and one fateful day in 2008...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 07:08:49 PM »
Hey, like I said, if they can work it into the plot, it'd be totally awesome, but right now it's just weird. I mean, I agree with Thorn on the ground, but for a Mario-based level, it's so... bleak.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
This sent a wisp of sadness through my heart.

That was a creepy update. Did Bowser eventually conquer the Mushroom Kingdom? Did an outside force destroy these happy lands? Why, Why?

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »
I beleive it may have something to do woth the sub space emisary,
just thing of how evil it will look with luigi's final smash
Huuuuurgh!  My brain hurts!
I can't keep up with plot
points this complicated!

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 09:48:16 AM »
No. It can't. Sakurai mentions that "...The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years..."

I'm pretty sure the SSE doesn't take place over a long amount of time.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
NO! THE KINGDOM WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED! notice the stage is called mushroom"y" kingdom. which cleary states that this is a alternate reality kingdom. the kingdom we know is safe. as long as the mario fans are there to save it. KINGDOM FOREVER!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 01:34:19 PM »
No. It can't. Sakurai mentions that "...The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years..."

I'm pretty sure the SSE doesn't take place over a long amount of time.

Maybe there saying that since that first level in SMB is so old. Like 22 years old? So it turned to ruins!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
Just like Fort Stevens! A place where my family went camping on numerous occasions. It's a neat place, but it took 40 years to really appear to be in disrepair.

This was a really rough tangent, but I believe World 1-1's tattered appearance makes perfect sense.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Dang, I want to shoot a movie there.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »
You people are thinking this thing way too hard. It's Sakurai. What does the name "Mushroomy Kingdom" say about its creator?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 08:41:47 PM »
If you think about it, "Mushroomy" (dangit, how is than an adjective?) isn't normally a word I'd associate with post-apocalyptic landscapes, but this is Mario, after all... expect the unexpected! (unless it's the plot)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print