Print

Author Topic: Mario Theme Video Catalog  (Read 28237 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
SM64Ds is a remake, but I will look into grabbing Mario's hat.

I better hurry up and start filming some or Kimimaru is going to beat me to them all. XD

Seriously though, thanks to him and to everyone so far. Filming should begin relatively soon. With another girl and I being the only ones who know how to shut down the store at night, I'm going to be working a lot more until we get someone trustworthy trained to close. If all goes well, I can have the NES instances done within a couple of days.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:16:49 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 11:49:21 PM »
You're welcome! Be sure to ask me to record some more occurrences if you have a hard time.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »
I've got all the NES and Super Nes recordings now, except for the 8-bit Mario in Booster's Tower (Mario RPG) and sample song 1 (Mario Paint). I plan on doing Mario RPG myself, but I can't capture Mario Paint. My Snes mouse no longer works. I've tried all kinds of cleaning and what-not. :(

If someone could catch sample song 1, that would be great. Please and thanks! :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
MKWii bike/kart horns occasionally play the theme as well, if that hasn't previously been noted.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
Oh yeah. But it happens so randomly, it'd be hard to catch on video.

I'll add it to the list. Thanks for pointing that out.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 11:32:33 PM »
I dunno if you want to add it, but in Mario Superstar Baseball, in between innings there's a short jingle that kinda incorporates the first 6 notes.

And I didn't see anyone else answer, but DDR Mario Mix has two occurances. There's an entire remix of it, and the original version also plays in the ending credits where you can dance to it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:34:25 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »
I haven't played nor have DDR Mario Mix, so I wouldn't have known about those instances.

Question: Should I keep non-Mario games (Smash Bros series, Tetris DS) on the list? They are not Mario games.. I just put them on the list because the fact that they have the Mario theme was just too cool to pass up.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »
Yeah keep non-Mario games. It is a catalogue after all.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 02:33:58 PM »
I recall that in Wii Sports Resort's Island Flyover game, you can hear someone playing SMB in one of the cabins, however, all I've heard so far is the death music.  It might play the theme as well, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »
I don't have that game. If you (or someone) were to catch it and confirm it, that would be great.

Also, I have all NES and SNES instances done. Starting on the N64 games soon. I don't recall if I said this already, but I'm going to do the consoles first, then go back and do the handhelds.

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »
Bah at everyone for forgetting this one.

SNES
SIM City: Mario Statue
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »
Is there music associated with it? I haven't forgotten..

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »
No, I don't think there is any accompanying music for it... but I could be mistaken. I should go bust out my Sim City game for SNES.
= = = = = = =

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 03:33:11 AM »
Also, Toad, keep in mind that Mario Party 3 has two different arrangements of the song during the intro.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 08:56:50 AM »
I recall that in Wii Sports Resort's Island Flyover game, you can hear someone playing SMB in one of the cabins...

Okay, after repeatedly going to the same area, I haven't heard any of the music, just jumping and death sounds.  Still a neat easter egg, though.

Print