Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG: Gamecube Controller?  (Read 17467 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 03:40:18 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but there is a product you should avoid:

Never buy the Nyko ChargeStation. About 2 weeks after I got it, the first charging light indicator for the port started flickering even when the remote was placed securely. There's nothing impeding the current flow, and the contact points are clean and shiny. Eventually, the first port completely died and the second port started flickering as well. I can usually have it work in the second port if I put it *juuuuuuuust* right like fitting a SNES or N64 cartridge in the systems, but typically, it will start flickering, or completely die for a few seconds and come back on.

Avoid it.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »
I own one of those (the Nyko ChargeStation) and have never had a single problem out of it. Perhaps you just got a defective one? Have you tried another one since, perchance? A friend of mine also has one, and he never had a problem either. We both have used either one to charge Wiimotes when we were visiting one another.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 09:05:05 PM »
I'm going to say no to the wireless controllers for GameCube here and also no to rechargeable for Wii remotes (or any AA device). I usually wait until there's a pack of 36-48 AA batteries on sale and just buy them instead. I've had miserable luck with rechargeables in everything that uses AAs.

My problem with the Wavebird is the extra bulk on it. I like the feel of the standard GameCube controller but the Wavebird just feels like one of those cheesy knockoff controllers despite being a Nintendo product.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »
You're totally buying the wrong rechargeable batteries then. Get some nice Energizer or Duracell 2500mAh batteries and a good charger. They last a lot longer than your standard (especially bargain) AAs.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »
Well, Toad, it is definitely a possibility I got a defective one, but I couldn't take it back or some crap because it was Wal-Mart purchased... and Wal-Mart's usually stupid about everything... especially returns.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print