Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story dated for Europe  (Read 10742 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »
Earlier today, Nintendo of Europe announced an October 9 release for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Nintendo of America still has the game's North American release date set for "Fall 2009," though most retailers show it coming out on September 14.

Source: Official Nintendo Magazine
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:42:33 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »
The game received a 9.5 from this month's issue of Nintendo Power. Seeing that I have a moral obligation to purchase the game the week it comes out, I'm just praying it won't be as gimmicky as the series' disappointing previous instalment.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »
Indeed. But from the hours of gameplay I've watched (albeit in Japanese), this looks like M&L: SS and SMRPG melded together into a quite amazing combination. I'm likely purchasing it soon after it comes out.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »
I've intentionally prevented myself from learning a whole lot about this game because I already know that I want it and I don't want to get Smash Bros. Dojo syndrome again. Still... On one hand, the "cast of characters" montage I once unintentionally saw points to a better plot than PiT; on the other hand, game levels that take place inside something big's body have already been done to death, and it's not like Bowser as a playable character is the innovation of the century. That's not enough to make me hate it, though (and besides, I said most of that stuff before)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »
Another point of concern will be for whether Bowser's innards will all look alike. Playing through an entire adventure in a Yoob's Belly clone sounds monotonous, not to mention claustrophobic. And squishy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 06:58:59 PM »
Oh, I've seen enough to know that not the whole game takes place inside Bowser, but it just seems like it from all the screenshots and other PR stuff. At least, I think so--it always bugs me when stuff like the Bridge to Terabithia movie make you think that the whole thing is about a relatively minor aspect that sounds cool in a trailer.

Also, as far as I can tell, the inside-Bowser parts are 2-D sidescrolling. I say that's a good way to contrast between it and the rest of the game (also, I'm psyched for the sideways, touch-screen-using Bowser battles).

Also also, for purely cathartic purposes, with no intent of Nintendo-bashing, and in a not-all-that-serious manner, here's (in no particular order) every other form of media I can think of that has explored the story hook in question to some extent:

Videogames:
--The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
--The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
--Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
--Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (technically)
--Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
--Okami
--Gears of War 2
--To some extent, Star Fox Adventures and whatever (games) it was where you go inside a robot to destroy it
--The Contra series
--Life Force (AKA Salamander)
--Paper Mario
--Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins

TV shows/movies/books:
--Multiple SpongeBob episodes and some Fairly OddParents/Jimmy Neutron episode
--This one Honey, I Shrunk the Kids TV show episode I saw when I was younger (did anyone else watch that show?)
--The Fantastic Voyage Adventure and Through Inner Space (or whatever they were called--but that's a given)
--At least one episode of The Magic School Bus
--Pinocchio (both the movie and the book, I think)/Finding Nemo (to some extent)... and, of course, the story of Joseph and the Whale is probably what started it all.

Of course, the main difference here is that Mario and Luigi are not inside Bowser to kill him or cure any medical conditions he has. Still, I do worry that the game will be predictable in some spots... and if at any point I have to make him sneeze to get out of his body, I swear I might just turn the game off right there.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:53:34 PM by ShadowBrain »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
Can't believe you forgot about Fantastic Voyage, which practically invented the concept.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »
Ah, that's the name! That's what I was thinking of when I said "Adventure Through Inner Space". Thanks...

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 07:23:45 PM »
Dude your list does not include LIFE FORCE or like all the Contras.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 07:59:40 PM »
Fixed it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »
Innerspace?
Also there were like a bazillion episodes of The Magic School Bus that dealt with this.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
Crap, how'd I forget that...

Also, are you wondering about the definition of "inner space" or what I was referring to when I said it?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »
I was wondering if you meant the movie "Innerspace" or something else.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »
Well, there was that old Disney ride called "Adventure Through Inner Space" where Star Tours is now. Everyone was smoking and screwing on there so they got rid of it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 11:07:51 PM »
Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now.
That was a joke.

Print