Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story out now in North America  (Read 15883 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: September 15, 2009, 10:51:45 PM »
Out since February 11 in Japan, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was finally released in North America yesterday. Bowser's Inside Story is the third game in the Mario & Luigi series and is compatible with all Nintendo DS models.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:58:46 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:39:45 AM »
YESSSS.  I must get it eventually...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
Got it last night after finishing my homework!  So far, I'd say it ranks along side SS
I have happy!  Hopefully it's longer than PiT
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
I have to wait nine more days until I can get it. My birthday can't come soon enough it seems...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »
My birthday is actually today, but I'm going to get it on Friday. I'll have more time to play it then and it'll feel more special. ;)
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »
So far, so good. It's a good thing there's so many cool new battle mechanics, though, because the rest is fairly been-there-done-that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »
Please tell me that Bros Items are abolished. PLEASE.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 07:22:51 AM »
There are items that are and/or function like Bros. Items did, but they're now called "Special Attacks", run off of a second-tier MP-like system, and don't have to be used to beat even the smallest of battles.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
This is great! Ranks alongside SS!

Why didn't Bowser recognize Fawful???

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 10:59:41 PM »
I haven't played the game yet, but..I believe Bowser and Fawful had minimal contact in the first M&L game. someone correct me..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 11:12:33 PM »
I got this game today and I'm hooked. I played 4 hours straight, ate dinner, and then played 2 more hours straight before finally stopping.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
Nintendoobsessed/Toad: Well, Bowser was unconscious or amnesiac for most of Superstar Saga.

Beat the game on Friday. I'd say... it was better than PiT, but still not as good as the original. My only major beef was that the Mushroom Kingdom was composed of pretty generic areas with weirdly generic names. Of course, this was probably to place focus on the areas inside Bowser, but as some of us established a while back, that wasn't exactly incredibly original either.

And was it too easy? Yes, but it's a DS game--that's a given.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 07:52:14 AM »
Ketsui Death Label and many, many other DS games would like a word with you regarding that last statement.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
I wouldn't say it's too easy. As a matter of fact, it seems to me that the action command timing was made just a tad harder than in the previous two games. It could just be my imagination playing tricks on me though.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story get. While not as good as the original, it's a definitive improvement over its predecessor in just about every thinkable aspect.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print