Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Odd Unlocking Problem  (Read 6916 times)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
I have cleared Target Test with all characters, and yet I still am not able to unlock Dream Land. What gives?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »
are you sure you beat it with ALL characters? if you hover over a character and it says the number of targets broken, then you didn't beat it with that character.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
Have you unlocked every character to begin with, for that matter?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »
Maybe you have or haven''t but If you unlock multiple things you have to restart the game so it registers.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure you don't have to, never happened to me in my nearly four complete playthroughs of the game.  Double-check to see if you have indeed done it with all 25 characters.  If you have, there should be a "total time" indicator.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:08:24 PM »
My money's on "you don't have all the characters". I'm guessing you're missing Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, or Falco. If you do have all characters, you'll get a message/achievement saying something to that effect. And there's a thing in Data somewhere that shows all the messages you got, so you can see if you do have all 25.

I forget, if you don't beat a Challenger upon meeting them for the first time, do you have to fulfill the alternate requirement to get another chance at unlocking them, or does it constantly re-challenge you? Because it'd suck to lose both times and then have no chance of ever unlocking the character again. Which probably isn't the case. But it's just a fear I had ever since the first game.

I mean, will you seriously get challenged by that one character if you go past the "number of Vs. Matches" count and keep playing Vs. matches? It's like "Hey Bill, you try to beat him this time. Then after this, Final Destination again. Final Destination, the stage, not the movie! Geez Bill, get it together."
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »
If you have all the characters, you probably didn't finish G&W's Target Test, as the easiest way to unlock him is to finish all the other characters' Target Tests.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
Bill is hilarious.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Bill is hilarious.
Even though I just made him up.

Would you like to be Bill?
You didn't say wot wot.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
A guy on the Starmen forums is having THIS problem too. Eerie...
Well, yeah. I, like him, got a message that said I beat Target Test with everyone.
And I still got NO FREAKING DREAM LAND!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:57:11 AM »
Try clearing Break the Targets with every character in under 2 minutes.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

Print