Print

Author Topic: L4D2 connection troubles  (Read 7211 times)

« on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:17 AM »
With a few spare weeks on my timetable, I've been looking to reacquaint myself with my old friend, Left 4 Dead 2, over Steam. Unfortunately, I've been having a few troubles connecting, which include but are not limited to:

• Auto-disconnects soon after joining the server
  • Progress bar stopping and staying stopped before loading a level (this usually only happens when starting from the lobby)
  • "Steam validation rejected" messages when I try to rejoin a server (the progress bar also goes all of the way up quickly before this happens)
  • Black screens when the game should be loading

Occasionally I get into a game, and everything stays fine, but it's a real pain in the ass to have to disconnect from the games and even Steam repeatedly to try and make it work correctly. So far, I've only encountered this error in L4D2, and fingers are crossed that it doesn't manifest itself in other games. I've tried disabling uPNP, forwarding ports on my router, messing around with my firewall, and yet it's being a pain. If anyone could shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated. :)

EDIT: some system specs;

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.6Ghz dual core)
RAM: 4GB, DDR2 800
Network adapter: D-Link Wireless G DWA-110 USB Adapter
ISP: Telstra Bigpond
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:08:09 PM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »
Instantly I thought of: correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy from Australia?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »
Yeah, he is.

You were able to play L4D2 before, weren't you? I mean, disregarding anything logged within the past two weeks, you've got eighty hours logged on it according to Steam, so unless you always had this problem or put a lot of time into single-player...

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
Instantly I thought of: correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy from Australia?

Yes, but considering most of the people I play with live within at most half an hour of my house I'm hoping that won't be a problem...

Yeah, he is.

You were able to play L4D2 before, weren't you? I mean, disregarding anything logged within the past two weeks, you've got eighty hours logged on it according to Steam, so unless you always had this problem or put a lot of time into single-player...

I didn't have the problem before the last couple of weeks, but before then I usually had a bit of trouble connecting with a half-reasonable ping. When I do connect my ping is usually fine, even before I get disconnected from the server.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 03:00:58 AM »
omfg i have the exact same ****ing problem its sending me crazy lmao

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »

Unfortunately, I still haven't found an answer to this problem; I've since bought a new computer and a new wireless adapter for my computer, but I'm still having no luck connecting to games. My advice to you is to check your modem/router for any faults, look through your firewall rules, and perhaps get onto the Steam forums and contact some people there.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:05 PM »

"Oh my ****ing God I have the exact same ****ing problem it's sending me crazy laughing my ass off."
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print