Print

Author Topic: Merry Christmas Fungi Forums  (Read 14568 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »
A My Little Pony coloring book (not from the current generation, largely a gag gift) and a GameStop gift card.  And more candy.  That finishes this year up.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
In terms of family, it was kind of rough. It was the first time we spent Christmas with only one side of the family.  Ever since my mother passed away, that side of the family got more and more distant. Since my dad's not very close to the surviving relatives that live hundreds of miles away, the last tie to my mom's side of the family was pretty much gone when my grandmother passed away this spring,.   And my dad is going through a divorce, so we didn't go to the step relative gathering.  It's just left us with complicated thoughts and emotions that I am not going to go into on this thread.  Basically, I didn't really ask for much for Christmas this year.  What mattered was that I got to spend Christmas with my closest relatives (my dad, sister, and her family, So overall, I wasn't disappointed.

My Christmas Hoard:
Pokemon cards
Mood ring w/ my name
Talkng Phineas and Ferb plush
Doofenshmirtz plush
money
frog socks
boot slippers
callendar
cat picture frame ornament
Snow leopard hat
cat towels
A couple neat breakables
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
You're a trooper, Kojinka.

Update: Yesterday I got about $125 in cash and gift cards.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 10:58:40 AM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
UPDATE: Last night, we got visit from a feline friend of ours that had been missing since this fall!  He first came to us about a year ago as a stray that got along well with the other outdoor cats, but didn't really want anything to do with people.  But over the months, he warmed up to us, and became one of the sweetest cats in the clan.  He's still sweet as ever, and seems to be loving the attention.  And it looks like he's been well fed during absence, which leads us to believe he's probably been doing some farm hopping.  And that's okay.  I'm just glad to know he's alive and well.  I think that's one of the greatest Christmas presents I've ever received.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »
Got some gift Cards, the complete Brick Testament, and a box set of all of Bob Dylan's 41 albums.

How about you guys?

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »
So far, only a couple things. (Personal Household) Family Christmas is getting smaller every year.

Six Flags Season Pass, shoes and Triominoes. Apparently we're doing extended family Christmas in the next couple days, but we will be hanging out with them today as well. Still, I had a pretty awesome Christmas (Eve); I got to speak with a relative of Weird Al's on the phone for a couple of minutes.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »
A really nice new watch, a rather hella set of bluetooth earbuds (it's not a ******bag's earpiece, it's this horseshoe-shaped piece that hangs over the neck, volume and track buttons on the ends, and the buds magnet to the tips when not in use), and 50 bucks. And CommodoreJim got me Mario 3D World and I got him a Christmas-themed plush Chespin, but we gave those at each other already.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
On the 21st, I got a GameStop giftcard, some headphones, and a redeemable card for $20 of eShop money.
For Christmas Eve, I got the new Black Sabbath album 13, a redeemable card of some kind worth $20, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U.
For Christmas, I got:
a Nintendo hoodie
a Twilight Princess shirt
a Wii U Pro Controller
a Blu Ray of the fifth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
and Pokémon X.

Nice loot, huh? Musta cost my family a fortune that I didn't deserve at all. I also wanted A Link Between Worlds, but I can use my GameStop gift card to get it.
Relics.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
Link Between Worlds
Pokèmon X
Wind Waker HD
Dragon Ball series
New Super Luigi U
Sonic Lost World
Game Boy
And some clothes such as:
Breath Player Hoodie
Capsule Corp. T-shirt

read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
I also wanted A Link Between Worlds

Write a hateful Facebook post about how you wish your parents would die in a car crash for not getting you everything you wanted.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »
I received for Christmas...

A gift card to a shoe store in town
A $25 Visa gift card
A check for $25
A check for $21
$25 in cash.

No one knew what to get me this year.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »
This year I was given:

• a handmade stone tribal head from Morocco
• $50 gift card to Guitar Center
• $30 gift card to GameStop
• $100 Cash
• a nice vest
• a nice scarf

I have a [darn] generous family. I could never take them and their love for granted.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
• New wallet
• New Mitch Albom book.
• 1-brownie brownie pan.
• 3D World
• Wonderful 101
• Link Between Worlds
• Mario Party Island Tour
• A copy of Little Shop of Horrors
• The new Legacy Power Morpher </secretlyfiveyearsold>

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2013, 05:39:53 AM »
Merry Christmas to all! (Totally not the end of Boxing Day where I am or anything...)

I got:

- Steve Jobs' biography
- $100 voucher for an auto-repair place (something I needed)
- A clock (which looks like it's melting, cool cool)
- Bunch of t-shirts
- Insurance renewal
- New headphones (they don't work, but oh well)
- Beard trimmer
- Cologne
- Chocolate
- First aid kit for my car

Pretty good haul this year!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
We had Christmas three different times over the course of Christmas Day..

Round One: My wife, my girls, and I. My wife got me Pokémon Y, I got her a pressure canner (she's gotten into canning things recently), and the girls got a truckload of toys and stuff from Santa (one thing in particular that was a hit: a toy castle they can play inside that sets up similarly to a small tent)

Round Two: My wife's family. I got a nice shirt, my wife got some bath soap she really likes, a rolling pin, and some misc other things, and the girls got some more toys. Nothing particularly noteworthy here, except maybe a pair of toy guns that light up and make spacey shooting noise when you hold the trigger. Much fun. XD

Round Three: My family. I got two gift cards for Old Navy ($20 and $25 apiece), a gift card for Chili's ($25), a couple of new shirts with Mario's face on them, and some misc other things. My wife got a box full of stuff she can use for canning and general cooking (she loves to cook), and the girls got yet more toys (surprise).

The girls got a haul younger me would be jealous of, but Pokémon Y is a great present. I'm part of the in-crowd now. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print