Print

Author Topic: World 9 in The Lost Levels  (Read 6816 times)

« on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
In order to reach World 9 in The Lost Levels, you have to play from 1-1 to 8-4 in one run without warping.  I'm considering trying this out, but first I want to know this: in the All-Stars version, does reaching World 9 allow you to select it in the main menu?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »
Yep, just don't forget to save your game.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 03:38:51 PM »
Also, unlike in the Famicom version, you can get a Game Over and it will still appear.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »
Also, isn't World 9 called World A in All*Stars, or is it 9 then A?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:49:27 AM »
It's 9 then A.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
Wait a minute, I already used a Warp Zone in my file.  I was planning on just starting from World 1-1 on that file and going through the game to unlock World 9.  But if I already used a Warp Zone and saved on that file, does that make it impossible to unlock World 9?  I just want to make sure so I don't go through all that and see that I can't do it anymore.

Also, I heard that it's possible to lose World 9 after you unlock it.  Is this true?

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
Not sure about replaying a file without warp zones, I imagine it'd work, but I can't say so for sure.  And I highly doubt that the game would make you lose world 9 after unlocking it.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »
Wait a minute, I already used a Warp Zone in my file.  I was planning on just starting from World 1-1 on that file and going through the game to unlock World 9.  But if I already used a Warp Zone and saved on that file, does that make it impossible to unlock World 9?  I just want to make sure so I don't go through all that and see that I can't do it anymore.

Also, I heard that it's possible to lose World 9 after you unlock it.  Is this true?

I'm not sure what you mean by "lose World 9," but you can always get to it again. I've gotten to it several times on my SNES version of Super Mario All-Stars. Once you use a Warp Zone, you can no longer get World 9 on that particular file, so you'll have to make a new one.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
You know how in All-Stars you can start from any level on the main menu?  That's what I mean.  If I play the game from World 1-1 and make my way through the whole game without using a Warp Zone, I'll eventually reach World 9 and be able to select that for free play any time on my file (as long as I save at the end).  But I heard that if you play again and use a Warp Zone and save, the game will actually remove the World 9 levels from the main menu.  Can somebody confirm this?

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »
Dang, I was wrong; you can lose it simply by using a warp zone and saving the game.  Not sure if you can gain it back on the same file, I don't want to take the time to try it.

Print