Print

Author Topic: Blue Smudges on Wii Remote  (Read 5790 times)

« on: December 31, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »
I noticed that some blue smudges have emerged on my white Wii Remote after I tortured myself by completing DKCR's sadistic Time Attack mode.  With the remote in the horizontal position, the smudges appear by the "right" button on the control pad and the 1 and 2 buttons.  I can only assume that these formed by pressing these buttons so hard for so long with sweaty hands.  I tried cleaning the remote to wipe the smudges off, but so far nothing has been effective.  My remote still functions so it's no big deal; I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:28 PM »
I continue to battle with a similar problem, with all my controllers. Once a month (or whenever I think of it. lol), I clean them with some baby wipes. I know it sounds funny, but the baby wipes are pretty effective against controller grime.

Before babies came into my life, just a damp cloth worked well.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
I had a bunch of dead skin on my Wiimote after doing that dang purple coin mission on the rainbow slide galaxy is SMG2...I just used a paper towel. Not sure of your situation, though. If it's a big deal, then you can just use the jacket I guess.
As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »
it appears hardly any peeple have posted on this topic, so just doin this for fun. try using a dab of bleach. it worked when I had blue marks on my wiimote
MUST LOVE M&L

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
For...fun?

That's really, really weird, Faw, but it could just be the home button's paint smearing across the Wii-Mote from the sweaty-ness of your hands.

Doesn't make any sense, but you come up with a good explanation!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »
how's dat wierd?
MUST LOVE M&L

Print