Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188969 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2015, 01:35:35 AM »
If you're gonna make fun of me, at least go with a smaller image. :P

Now someone should take all the Mario games and try to put them into a coherent timeline theory.

Sapphira partially did that.

I actually have a theory that splits depending on if Kamek is successful in taking both Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. I just need a while to organize my thoughts.

So.... Zelda?

« Reply #451 on: March 06, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
I was thinking about how some Koopas walk on all fours when others can  clearly walk on two legs.

I realized that obviously, there must be a caste system. Bowser orders the lowest caste to crawl.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #452 on: March 06, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »
Koopas haven't walked on all fours since SMB3, have they?

That reminds me, are Goombas and green-shelled Koopa Troopas commanded to walk continuously in a straight line even if it means plummeting to their deaths, or are they simply too unintelligent not to?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #453 on: March 06, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »
They did in Mario Galaxy for some reason. Don't know why. My guesses would be to either make them easier to jump on in 3D (SM64 and 3D Land/World didn't seem to have a problem here though) or to make their behavior of just walking back and forth in straight lines look more natural. Since enemies are typically more alert and will spot and chase after the player in the 3D games, maybe they wanted the dumbest-looking Koopa possible to be the one that doesn't do that?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #454 on: March 06, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »
That reminds me, are Goombas and green-shelled Koopa Troopas commanded to walk continuously in a straight line even if it means plummeting to their deaths, or are they simply too unintelligent not to?

I forget exactly how the line goes goes, but at one point in Bowser's Inside Story, Bowser mentions that he does indeed command the Goombas to walk in a straight line. Like a lot of the dialog in the RPGs, It's pretty clearly meant to be a self-aware joke.

« Reply #455 on: March 09, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »
Does the M on Mario's hat stand for Mozart? Could Mozart still be alive? Why is Marty the Green Thwomp locked away? Who is the blue Mario in Mario Tennis? Why is there a city overtop an "underwater" background set as the skybox of Wet-Dry World?

Truly, Mario has the deepest lore.

I understand that's an old maymay but it needs to come back ;_;
Relics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #456 on: March 09, 2015, 08:01:06 PM »
1. Why would it stand for Mozart?
2. Maybe.
3. There is no "Marty the Green Thwomp". That's an ordinary blue Thwomp under green lighting. And it's not locked away when you play on 150cc.
4. Segregation of gameplay and story.
5. Because it fits the "sunken city" theme of the level.

6. No, it really doesn't.

« Reply #457 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:24 PM »
Mario IS the deepest lore.

Thanks for not making a Shy Guy/Bane mask joke
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #458 on: March 10, 2015, 07:37:59 PM »
It can't be a good sign I expected that spoiler tag to disappear when I poked it on my phone.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #459 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:48 PM »
Daisy in MKDD says "Hi I'm Daisy" so many times because she wants you to know it really is her.

All the clones of her in SML were enemies in disguise, so she probably yells it out every now and then so that people realize it actually is her.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2015, 09:57:39 AM »
Club Mario is the very end of the timeline. Everyone is long dead and the degenerate successors of humanity are commenting on archival footage.

« Reply #461 on: June 06, 2015, 04:12:54 AM »
I wish I could do things like this
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #462 on: June 06, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »
....?

« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2015, 01:41:03 AM »
;-(
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »
:^)
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print