Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 191107 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »

Did the Poes paint all the portraits of Mario in Link to the Past?

Also, if it's a one-way pipe, does that mean Chain Chomps, Piranha Plants, Goombas, Lakitus, and whatever other Mario enemies are in Zelda are actually originally from Grooseland?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »
Yeah totally (why are you askin' me? Think whatever you want!)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2012, 12:27:15 AM »
Seeing as most of those made their Zelda debut in Link's Awakening, maybe they came from Subcon to Grooseland to the Mushroom Kingdom.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
Super/Ultra Boots/Hammer are also from Grooseland
Toadette in TTYD is actually four Boot/Hammer spirits, like Fi was for the Goddess Sword. What other explanation could there be for her coming out of nowhere to explain how to use them?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:50 PM »
A fan theory I devised while playing Luigi's Mansion years ago:

Some of the portrait ghosts in Luigi’s Mansion might be based on the Addams Family.
The mustached Neville is Gomez, Lydia is Morticia, Nana is Morticia’s mom, the bald Uncle Grimly is Uncle Fester, and Shivers the lanky, fire-fearing butler is Lurch.

Another Luigi's Mansion theroy:

Most of the normal ghosts are ghosts of dead monkeys.
This explains why many of them float around on their bellies and swing their arms as though they were running on all fours.  It also explains why some like bananas, some hang from ceilings, and some clap their hands like chimps.

Does anyone besides me know what the Addams Family is?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:43:11 PM by TheColonelKR »
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »
The trees of Boggly Woods are a rare sort and did not grow naturally
A normal tree's leaves are green 'cause the dark color pulls in more sunlight. So having white leaves is a completely retarded trait for a tree to have. But some ******* decided to plant a bunch of the poor things despite their genetic horribleness. just because they're pretty. So it's kind of like a forest of pugs.

Ghosts just love racing
You vs. Boo, the Spooky Speedster... and when you race a ghost in Mario Kart Time Trials it is actually a ghost as in a dead guy!!
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »
The Mario Bros. were delivered via stork because they are special/significant.
Babies are not usually delivered by stork, but are born or hatched or spawned or whatever. The Mario Bros. are special, possibly even created by the Star Spirits to be delivered to their parents. Storks DO act as a baby delivery service, though, such as returning lost children and dealing with cases of adoption.

Peach's apparent idiocy and/or helplessness is an act.
It's all part of a larger scheme. She's already proven she's capable of handling herself in the RPG games and SPP.

Luigi is very conflicted when it comes to love/attraction.
The spin-off games strongly imply that he and Daisy are attracted to each other and may even be in a relationship. Yet he also appears to be attracted to Peach, considering he reacts to her the same way Mario does: hearts in eyes, blushing, etc. any time she kisses him. He's also seen pining over Princess Eclair in PMTTYD. While never really implied, there may be vague hints of attraction toward Rosalina, considering he insists Mario tell her he found a Green Star, and after 100% completion, a certain photograph (which also includes the Toad Brigade). Interpret that how you will. Luigi seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and very easily develops crushes. It may be due to low self-esteem and/or not knowing what he really wants. Poor Daisy.

Star Kids and Lumas are the same beings.
Star beings in the 3D games just are not drawn with mouths. Compare the Star Spirits' appearances in Paper Mario to Mario Party 5.

The events of SMB2 were real.
Although the ending implies the whole thing was a dream within a dream, Subcon is a real place that can only be accessed via dreaming. It's possible Luigi, Peach, and Toad experienced the same dream. Likewise, some (or all) of the creatures/characters from the game may be equally real, but also asleep in the normal reality/realm, and having the same dream. Kind of like Inception.  ...Sort of.
(Oh, I guess CrossEyed kind of already covered this. In a way.)

Bowser Jr. is actually Bowser's younger self.
Bowser's already capable of traveling to the past (YIDS). He brought his younger self to the present and is raising him, with the intent of sending him back to the past after intensive training or something.

OR Bowser Jr. is a clone of Bowser.
Bowser is Jango Fett, Bowser Jr. is Boba Fett and the Koopa Kids are the Clone Troopers.
Not literally, of course. The Koopa Kids were Bowser's failed attempt to start his own Clone Wars, but they sucked so bad he now only uses them for party games. Bowser Jr. was the only one that came out right. This explains why Baby Bowser was suddenly redesigned to look like a copy of Bowser Jr. in PiT.
The Chef basically had the same theory I do. I was even going to use the same Star Wars analogy. Great minds?

Baby Bowser in MLPIT looks different (like Bowser Jr.) because he's older.
Clearly he's older than in YI based on how he talks, plus the Mario Bros. appear to be toddlers instead of newborns. The main physical difference he has in MLPIT is the addition of tiny horns. The bandana is what makes him look more like Jr. In YIDS, he has the same design in his game art as in MLPIT, sans bandana. It'd make sense that he'd grow horns as he ages.

The "Secret" levels in Sunshine are actually alternate Galaxies.
One of these Galaxies was in SMG2. The old Noki in Noki Bay even refers to the "Shell's Secret" as "a pathway to another world [that] has opened above [their] fair land."

Peach's Toad "Grandma" in SMRPG isn't really her grandma.
It's a term of endearment, like how many people call certain family friends "Aunt" or "Uncle". Or she's Peach's adoptive grandmother. It's possible "Grandma" is also related to Toadsworth, who's a father-like figure.

Okay, so, these last two probably belong in Mariology, but considering that thread's been inactive for over a year...

Rosalina's mother and the lost Luma's mother are the same person: Rosalina from an alternate timeline/universe.
This makes their story all the more tragic. Rosalina A reboots universe and at some point (including possibly the past) returns to her home (Mario's) planet (Universe B). The Comet Observatory is abandoned and/or destroyed and goes dormant. Eventually she marries and has two children--a son and daughter. The daughter is Universe B Rosalina. Rosalina B finds a lost Luma and they set about looking for his mother, who, ironically, was there all along. The dormant comet they find was the original Comet Observatory, which they unknowingly recreate. The Lumas they later find immediately call her "Mama" because she (her alternate self) IS their Mama. By then she had aged enough that the resemblance is clear, and they recognize her. Eventually Rosalina B reboots the universe, and, well... It becomes a cycle that endlessly repeats itself.

The Mario universe has a split timeline...
...Thanks to time-traveling. Similar to Zelda. I haven't quite figured it out, but here's a tentative split timeline I came up with for funzies.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:15:08 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:04 AM »
The Karts run on player frustration
If everything's quiet, you start losing. Time to swear your way back to first place!

Ms. Mowz leaves badges behind when she goes hunting to advertise her store
Seems like there's a badge or two in each location you meet her, when reason says that a thief who can literally smell treasure wouldn't leave any booty behind. So they're like free samples with the shop's address scribbled on the backs

Mario is narcoleptic
Not as much as Link, but, he falls into a deep sleep pretty quick. Paper Mario even more so, falls asleep standing up in no time
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
The "Secret" levels in Sunshine are actually alternate Galaxies.
One of these Galaxies was in SMG2. The old Noki in Noki Bay even refers to the "Shell's Secret" as "a pathway to another world [that] has opened above [their] fair land."
Which could mean...
The Magic Paintbrush painted the paintings in SM64
Of course, I guess it's never said that the portals in SMS were caused by the paintbrush.

« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
Yes, it was never said. That doesn't mean it wasn't shown. The first portal in SMS was painted by Shadow Mario.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:51:38 PM by Electric »
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:01 PM »
But who wielded said Magic Paintbrush in 64? Bowser Jr. certainly doesn't possess the artistic merit to paint lifeike landscape portraits such as those in Peach's Castle.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »
Vincent Van Gore, before he became a ghost.

The paintings in SM64/64DS were his attempts to create life-like works of art. Some of them were just a bit too surreal..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:52:15 AM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
Flurrie is a Lumpy Space Person

Yah I mean, sure, whatever...

Ohhh my glob Mario, the punies are so lumping adorable
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
I mentioned this question elsewhere, but are Peach and Bowser still technically wed? I mean, if their marriage was legitimate enough to release the Chaos Heart, wouldn't they have to go through a divorce? I got some interesting responses elsewhere, but I'd like to see what you guys think. I guess it's probably right to assume Peach was able to end the wedding with her authority as a princess. (Sorry if this idea has been mentioned somewhere in the previous 17 pages.)

« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2012, 08:15:19 AM »
It is good to assume that yes, Peach's rights as a princess could stop a marriage, but let's not forget they were wed until their games ended. Since Peach and Bowser both ended up in the Underwhere later, I think it's safe to say that's also when their marriage ended (even if Bowser didn't think so.. XD
)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print