Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188949 times)

« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2013, 06:39:16 AM »
Yoshis have some sort of prophecy about baby Mario
Why else would tons dinosaurs start working their butts off to get one baby to its parents?
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #346 on: April 30, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
King Boo doesn't even know Bowser

He only used a Bowser robot in Luigi's Mansion because he believed Bowser is what Luigi would be most afraid of. At that time it would have made sense, but most every game since then has portrayed Luigi as being afraid of ghosts. So he does his own thing in Dark Moon.

King Boo's crown has always been the same one

It looks a little different sometimes for stylistic or just inconsistent reasons, but it's established that the gem is removable. Going further...

The red gem on his crown had some kind of special power that was never made obvious

Dark Moon tiny spoiler: The purple one he had there does. So what does the red one do? Dunno. This is all I got so far.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »
Maybe the Bowser-bot is the red crown's special power.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »
Mario's place in the hypothetical Nintendo shared universe

Most Nintendo series have it easy. Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Fire Emblem in the past. Metroid, Star Fox, and F-ZERO in the future and on different planets, MOTHER 3 probably being as far into the future as you can go... Pokémon, EarthBound, Punch-Out!!, Game & Watch, and StarTropics in the present on different locales of the world, Animal Crossing taking place on an island where kids are sent to camps to serve as stock body parts for a decaying rat monster. Kirby could be anytime, on Popstar. Starfy in the sky and sea.

Until now I have been unable to figure a spot for Mario, which was annoying because I do like the concept of shared universes and Mario is Nintendo's biggest thing. His world is so unique. It doesn't feel like another time period besides the present, it doesn't feel like it should be on another planet besides Earth, and yet it clashes with the idea that anything real or in the more realistic games is happening on the same plane, past present or future. So my idea for it is, it's still a video game no matter where you're seeing it from. With points, levels, powerups, bosses, minibosses, secret levels, time limits and all, it embraces the cliches of video games that most have abandoned, and yet television talks about as though all games still have them.

I've been watching ChalkZone lately and I think that makes a good comparison. Mario's world is like that. It's not real or fake. It follows its own rules and is incredibly meta about it. Everything in it exists, but it's made-up. Mario can visit the other Nintendo characters' worlds and they can visit his, but not by normal means.

I still think Paper Mario (except possibly Sticker Star) is an alternate reality to Super Mario, so I guess Paper could be like a reboot to Super. Still a game, but neither is accessible to the other.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »
Animal Crossing taking place on an island where kids are sent to camps to serve as stock body parts for a decaying rat monster.
I had completely forgotten about that classic story until this sentence dragged my brain screaming back.

« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
The reason Donkey Kong appears to have aged but Mario remains more or less the same

Mario's a Time Lord. Every time the player dies, he regenerates behind the black screen and tries again, choosing to keep the same body. He just doesn't have time to change wardrobe. The warp pipe is his TARDIS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »
Someone's been on TV Tropes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:02 PM »
Please don't bring TV Tropes into this.
Now with grandeur.

« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »
Actually no. I haven't been. I came up with it (or, I thought I came up with it) after reading some Doctor Who stuff.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »
Nabbit owns the Toad House on the Secret Island.
Just look at it. There are bags everywhere that exactly match his, powerups line his shelves (Super Luigi U confirms that he collects powerups), ant the final statistic is "Nabbits Caught," meaning that it could have been added as an afterthought after being caught the first time. But why would he track everything Mario and his friends do?

Nabbit is creating a social network.
He kidnapps Toads for his focus groups.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:24 PM »
Donkey Kong's world is "real" in the Nintendo shared universe

...And he visits Mario's game world/Mario visits him in the real one most often. So Donkey Kong characters experience time much like any other series but Mario characters are ageless and timeless. The Baby characters appearing in the same games as their adult counterparts with no mention of time travel works with this.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
Wario's place in this idea o' mine, note that "real" here still just means "the same plane as the other Nintendo worlds"

Wario was born/spawned/created in Mario's world but lives in the real one; Diamond City and possibly some/all of the Wario Land places are real. He went back to take over Mario's Castle (which came out of nowhere due to the nature of the world) thinking that if he could overthrow Mario as the star of the game world, he would be rich in both.

Waluigi has never been to the real world.

I wanna say Yoshi's Island could possibly be real but nah, I can neither think of an explanation as to why a Baby Mario would fall out of the sky in a real setting nor see it as distanced enough from Mario to be. Not as much as Wario or Donkey Kong, by a longshot.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #357 on: June 22, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »
New Super Luigi U is the exact same actual events from New Super Mario Bros. U as seen from Luigi's perspective

The endings of both games seem to imply that Mario, Luigi, Yvan and Wolley were all present throughout the entire adventure regardless of whether there was one player, two, three or four, so it's not Luigi going through it after Mario did, or doing it again after the first time. The game is a lot harder and more frantic because that's how much scarier things are to Luigi than they are for Mario. Nabbit actually is Mario, but it's a metaphor. Mario as an invincible monster.

Toad (red spots blue vest) was never one for butt-kicking to begin with
SMB2's Toad was the same blue one in the NSMBs and 3D World all along and the remakes have a coloring error. Toad could be something else, but also important. A reminder of the nonviolence and altruism you're fighting for.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:55:03 AM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #358 on: June 22, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
I have to say, I love that they went with Blue Toad rather than Red Toad for 3D World for consistency's sake (with SMB2 and the NSMBs); were there any platformers with a playable red Toad outside of the SMB2 remakes?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #359 on: June 22, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »
I think no.
It's YOUR problem!

Print