Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong: Original Edition coming to 3DS - free with select eShop purchases!  (Read 5635 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:35:11 AM »
Donkey Kong: Original Edition, with all four stages, is finally getting released in North America!

As many of you know, the NES port of Donkey Kong only featured three of the four stages present in the original arcade versionDonkey Kong: Original Edition is an enhanced version of the NES port featuring the previously missing Factory stage.

To get your free copy, simply purchase one of a select number of eShop digital titles and register it on the Club Nintendo site before January 6, 2013.  Eligible titles include: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Style Savvy: Trend Setters, Crosswords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, or Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.

Note that you must buy the eShop digital copy of any one of the listed games to receive Donkey Kong: Original Edition.  Retail (cartridge) releases are not eligible for this bonus.

This special version of Donkey Kong was first released as a preinstalled title on the 2010 European Mario 25th Anniversary Wii set, and recently made available to Japanese 3DS owners with the eShop purchase of New Super Mario Bros. 2.  Pie jumping finally returns to North America!

Source: Club Nintendo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:04:21 PM by MEGAߥTE »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »
I wonder if that means they're thinking of doing other arcade releases too, such as VS SMB or Mario Kart Arcade
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:16:30 AM »
Should Nintendo have sent me the Download code via Club Nintendo or what? Do I need to contact Nintendo customer service and tell them I didn't receive the Download token? Thanks.

Print