Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World  (Read 29577 times)

« on: July 20, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »
http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_3D_World

So what's everyone think about this one? I'm disappointed they're continuing with this rather boring naming style, and the Cat suits seem kind of awkward, but it looks good otherwise. I'm always hoping for weird cameos so all of the SMB2 references make me hope for a return of Wart. Game Over screens suggest Bowser as the main villian again, however.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »
I really REALLY loved 3D Land so even my hatred of cats cannot ruin this for me. I have also been wanting a co-op multiplayer Mario game with characters who don't all play the same (although I was hoping for Wario to be involved), so that's something.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
Game Over screens suggest Bowser as the main villian again, however.

NINTENDO REFUSES TO DEVIATE FROM RIGID FORMULA IN NEW MARIO PLATFORMER

MORE AT 11
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
Excited about the SMB2 roster throwback, what looks like fully free player selection, and actual differences between the playable characters (oddly enough, Mario looks to be worse off than the rest).  The cat suit's attacks and abilities actually feel pretty unique; I can't think of any other powerups in the main series that focused around physical combat, and the climbing feature is a nice alternative to "generic flight/jump enhancer powerup" (and since the Tanooki suit's also returning, that's apparently covered anyway).  The clear pipes are an interesting addition as well; it's surprising that's never been done before.  And of course, I'm a sucker for built-in competitive measures, so the score chart at the end of the levels is certainly a plus in my book.  I have to wonder how the respawn-bubble mechanic controls in 3-D; it seems like it would be no less annoying than it was in NSMBWii unless they let the players have more direct control, but I don't know what that would look like in 3-D, either.

Truth be told, I hated what I've played/seen of 3D Land, but this would certainly be a day-1 pickup for me if I had a Wii U of my own, and is certainly more incentive to get one.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
You hated 3D Land? WHAT!?

Well, you are entitled to your own opinion even if it is wrong :p. While I love 3D Land, I do miss a time when the platformers were multiplayer.. I guess that would be my only gripe with that game, and it looks like they fixed it in 3D World, so problem solved! :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 01:42:10 AM »
SUCH INSIGHT

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 07:46:27 AM »
Code: [Select]
such insight                doge like            so period
              wow                  very dot               
     good jorb           so win
Edit: For context: Before Weegee's post, a spambot posted a single period. It's been deleted now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:28:33 PM by bobbysq1337 »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Now Weegee just looks like he was contemplating the intricacies of Toad's post for a long time.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 11:31:53 PM »
Edit: For context: Before Weegee's post, a spambot posted a single period. It's been deleted now.

It was originally a lengthly advertising post for Icelandic clothing outlets.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
It was originally a lengthly advertising post for Icelandic clothing outlets.
Wasn't for me.

Anyway, I am honestly excited for this. I won't pre-order it, though, since the release is relatively close to my birthday.

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »
What is your desktop background? I see that it is SMB inspired..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »
I think that's a custom browser theme.

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »
Code: [Select]
good jorb

Unlike most people, I'm actually looking forward to this game a whole lot.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:55:29 PM by Luigison »
Relics.

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
New Nintendo Direct footage looked pretty dang epic.  I'll post more detailed impressions later...

At the very least, the area themes look considerably more variable than the last seven+ years, and the HD looks fantastic.  Whole thing has more of a DKCR-esque take on Mario (which is just as well, as DKCR2 got delayed to February).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:14:08 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:52:54 AM »

Print