Print

Author Topic: A Theory About Mario  (Read 12327 times)

« on: July 23, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »
I've been thinking this over, and, I think the Mario series takes place over several generations! Think about it; every game, the castle and surrounding area change, up to Paper Mario, where the castle is at the center of a small city! Also, the babies hardly make sense, right? Just another cash-in? There is a way for them to be canon; the next generation of characters. For instance, we know Rosalina was born with red hair, but Baby Rosalina is blond. Mario and Luigi were from Brooklyn, but the baby brothers were born in the Mushroom Kingdom! There is a lot more evidence I'm sure, so any thoughts? 
"These things... they take time."-Gaben

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
Nah.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »
So, Zelda?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
Nah, more like DBZ
read jitsu wa watashi wa

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »
Wouldn't that mean that MarioxPeach is incestuous at least some of the time?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 12:48:31 AM »
Prolly, yah.
"These things... they take time."-Gaben

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
In that case: Eewwwwww.

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
I've always pretty much thought of Mario to be similar to Mickey Mouse. Mickey's been around for 80+ years and has always been about the same age, or at least the same maturity level. For Pete's sake, he could at least marry Minnie after 80+ years of dating! (No pun intended with the Pete reference; those of you who know the old cartoons will get it).

We get the nephews of Mickey and Donald in the Disney universe, but in the Mario universe we get the dreaded baby characters. It was never really a problem for me until they started putting Baby Mario in the same games as adult Mario. Baby Mario in Yoshi's Island made perfect sense. Therefore, I think only a few possibilities exist:

1. There's some sort of anomaly in the time continuum of Mario games, where two Marios can exist at once, yet one's smaller. Imagine yourself and your five year old self alongside you as a kid, and I don't mean as an actual son or daughter of yours--it's you, but when you were five.

2. These are nephews of Mario and Luigi, sort of like how Mickey's nephews look exactly like him (same with Donald Duck's). Somehow, they've got the same names (I think one of Mickey's was Morty...and I know Walt Disney wanted to call hm Mortimer...so it's not too far out of the question).

3. These are actual children of Mario and Luigi. I see this as the least likely since, if I remember from the more recent games, there's no definite answer as to whether Mario and Peach are actually dating. (Of course, I haven't bought a new title in a while, so things may have changed).

I think it's basically just an excuse to get more characters out for the sake of merchandising, overloading the rosters in multiplayer games, and bringing back a character from games in which Mario is a baby. Trouble is, most people actually didn't like Baby Mario back in 1995 because of the crying!!

The presence of the babies has always annoyed me a bit since there was never an explanation. Plus, we now have baby versions of Peach, Daisy, and even Rosalina all at the same time. One question--WHY?

In regard to Rosalina, I doubt she's got any relation to any of the other characters. Nobody knew who she was until Galaxy, and I think they're putting her in more and more games because of the lack of female characters compared to males.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »
4. This game happened.

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 08:53:38 PM »
5. 1-up Mushrooms technically mean anyone can die as many times as they want as long as they don't run out of lives.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 09:22:14 PM »
4. This game happened.
Sure, it's possible they had E.Gadd go back in time and kidnap baby versions of themselves to play against them in tennis, risking paradoces in the process, but why would they?

And then there's also the fact that Baby Rosalina doesn't look like the actual younger version of Rosalina we've seen before, suggesting this might be something else:

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »
but why would they?

Because it's Mario, duh. :P

Also there were a number of things that should've caused a paradox or a stable time loop in PiT, but somehow didn't. Time travel in Mario's world is pretty weird.

Also also, the paintings used for the storybook are so vague and minimalist you could also just as easily say the girl doesn't even look like adult Rosalina.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
*poorly written
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »
Lemme rephrase it then.

Time travel in Mario's world is pretty weird poorly written.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »
Hey, in the Mario world there are magical items and fauna that change the color of your clothes. Clearly the only logical explanation here is that the young Rosalina was on a steady diet of Fire Berries that turned her hair red  -- and off screen she was shooting fireballs at stuff. Devoid of the magical fire-berries (or other such food source) Rosalina's natural hair color is blonde. We can thus assume that Baby Rosalina in Mario Kart 8 was plucked out of time a few weeks or so before the racing started and fed a similar diet to whatever it is Rosalina eats up there in space. (All the bad Lumas?)
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print