Print

Author Topic: Mario Allusions in Zelda Games...  (Read 12519 times)

« on: July 25, 2002, 02:12:12 AM »
Dear Mario Fans:
I have noticed that in many Zelda games there are allusions to Mario characters, themes, enemies, and other small allusions.  Does anyone know WHY they are placed in the games?  Is this to say that Mario is so popular that even the world of Zelda knows him?  Does anyone know of any other response that can shed light to this?  Thanks!  Shalom!  

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 08:19:40 AM »
Well, I do know they're both made by Shigeru Myamoto, who probably just put the Mario stuff in the Zelda games for fun.

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 10:58:45 AM »
That's probably right. or else mario stuff is smuggled into the zelda world by mamu, who seems to be a connection between the two worlds.were it becomes extremely popular, and mamu gets stinkin rich off of it. Just a theory.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 11:09:31 AM »
Remember that one game where Link landed on that one island or something and there were goombas and pirhana plants?

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 11:59:46 AM »
Don't forget, that there's been one in about every Zelda game released:

Zelda3: Mario picture in the houses, pull on it to get 20 rupees

Link's Awakening: Many resemblences

Orcirina of Time: Mario pictures in the window

Majora's Mask: The Mario mask

Both franchises were made by Shigeru Miyomoto, so that's why there are Mario cameos in Zelda games.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 12:49:04 PM »
Hey, Todd, that's only FOUR. Not really all 11 is it? Anyway, there were Super Mario Bros. sprites in Zelda 1 for the NES.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman
Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2002, 01:16:33 PM »
There's also Zelda references in some Mario games. Like that flute Mario had in Super Mario Bros. 3

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 08:10:53 AM »
I know, I'm just saying.  I've never really played the very first Zelda, but I've played every other one, except the 2 on Philips CD-I.  

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 08:30:32 AM »
there were 3 games for philips CD-I, and if they sound like fun games to you, you might also want to try chewing on a piece of tin foil that a hippopotamus used as underwear. they are one of the worst games out there. I strongly advise you to not play those games.

If Mariokart met F-Zero...

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2002, 03:41:59 PM »
The SMB3 Flute looks like the Piccolo in the orginal Zelda.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2002, 09:01:47 PM »
it sounds exactly like it too.
~TMK''s resident mute~

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2002, 01:12:40 AM »
I think the Mario references in Zelda games are just kind of an inside joke. Like how Mario was the referee in that one boxing game.

In Ocarina of Time, Talon and Ingo look remarkably like Mario and Luigi. Also, Malon and Talon wear Bowser-head pendants. I think Romani and Cremia from Majora's Mask wear the Bowser pendants too.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »

Orcirina

Both franchises were made by Shigeru Miyomoto, so that's why there are Mario cameos in Zelda games.
Run, orcs!
Good sir

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
Stop making pointless bumps.

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
Sorry
Good sir

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »
* Toad attempts to gloss over a sticky moment

Deezer: did you ever finish Link's Awakening? There were a lot more cameos in that game than are listed ..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »
Zelda's Lullaby sounds like the Wing Cap theme.
Good sir

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
What I'd like to know is how the heck this decade old thread was even discovered.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:50:12 PM by Sapphira »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »
It begins with a H and ends with a )
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bZLFRjVCA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bZLFRjVCA</a>.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:42 AM »
Who could forget Bow-Wow, the Chain Chomp in Link's Awakening! There were Goombas in that game too. The Chain Chomp will also appear in Hyrule Warriors.

I'm really only posting here because I'm waiting for Weegee to make some clever humorous remark about the topic creator's username.
Relics.

Print