Print

Author Topic: "Mature" Mario?  (Read 9399 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2000, 03:41:23 PM »
You are extremely confusing.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2000, 11:23:35 PM »
In the SMB3 cartoons (one of my favourite cartoons ever) the story was this:
Mario and Luigi were Italian plumbers living in Brooklin. Going trough a pipe they arrived to the Mushroom Kingdom (aparently for the first time, but I´m not sure). So if they are actually Mushroom People, they were adopted by Italians.
That´s all. I never heard that about "mature Mario", so I don´t know what is it about.
I´d like to add more details in what I said, but English is a foreign language to me.
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2000, 10:30:40 AM »
The Mario brothers were NOT Mushroom People.  They were born and raised in Brooklyn, and stumbled into Mushroom World by accident.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2000, 01:56:20 PM »
Not in the story for Smb 1.

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2000, 11:27:23 PM »
Yes it is!

Mega 2
Mega 2

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2000, 07:45:05 PM »
In an interview with Shiguru Miyamoto, he said
that Luigi's Mansion was an example of the
"Mature" mario. Nothing like Conker's Bad Hair Day
or anything.

"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

rick_trimble@hotmail.com
"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2000, 08:12:05 PM »
See, Hinopio?  I didn't make it up.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2000, 09:02:13 AM »
I think I posted a topic like this a while back. It has been decided there that the new "Mature" Mario will have more of a mature enviroment. The character will just about remain the same, in terms of looks, but their personalities may change. For Example: Mario may be walking in the land of Bowser. He can see volcanos shootong lava 20 ft in the air. Mario looks at these volcanos, thinking that getting to Bowser's Castle will be harder than he anticipated.

There. Pretty Simple, to say the least.

Ironfoot (a.k.a. Zero)
Moderator at Nintentrix.com

Webmaster of Wario Castle (Coming soon)
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2000, 12:08:43 PM »
Maybe's about live and death. In smb1, it looks like goombas die when you stomp on them. But in Yoshi's Island, when you stomp on a Shy Guy, he just goes off the screen. See what I mean? It seems like death is not suposted to exist in the Mario Universe. Mario environment IS childy (does that word exist?), and personally I think that's right.

p.s.: MARIO AND LUIGI ARE ITALIAN. If they were brooklinish (again, does that word exist?), they wouldn't have that names! BUT apparently they were BORN in the Mushroom Kingdom. Who cares? The important thing is where did they grow up.
p.s. 2: How can we know this things about M&L's life? I'm not sure if that appears in any game or manual, and I'm not sure either if we should believe to the cartoons/movies (especially the movie ;-) ).
Or is there any official comic or somethin'?
p.s. 3: What exactly is 'Nintendo Power' and all that stuff?
p.s. 2:

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2000, 12:54:00 PM »
There is nothing in any of the games or manuals or cartoons or comics to suggest that the Mario brothers were born or raised or had any contact with the Mushroom Kingdom before the events depicted in the original "Super Mario Bros." game and manual.  That's the fact.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Edited by - Mega 2 on 12/29/2000 10:55:15 AM
Mega 2

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2000, 03:41:58 PM »
Apparently, at the ending of the great Yoshi's Island, the stork drops them on a mushroom house. Do you know about ANY place on the Earth plant in wich you can find a mushroom house? If you do, maybe you are meaning Mario and luigi were born there :) .

What I mean is: in wich manual or game can we see M&L living in Brooklin? I think none.
BUT if they are called Mario and Luigi, there's a HUGE posibility they are Italians. And in fact they are.
YES! That's it, baby! No, don't clap me that louder!

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2000, 05:06:19 PM »
Dude, people've said this before: they're not our Mario and Luigi!  "Yoshi's Island" adds nothing to the Mario brothers' backstory.  And the Brooklyn connection is from the onscreen text of the "Mario Bros." arcade game and the game manual that comes with the original "Super Mario Bros." cartridge, and has been elaborated on in "Mario is Missing" and the "Super Mario Bros. 3" cartoon show.  It's not something that's open for debate.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2000, 07:57:06 PM »
Who's Mario and Luigi is it then?

I interpreted the backstory like this:

Mario Bros. go through events in Yoshi's Island (that's why Bowser wants to kill them).  Mario parents send them to Brooklyn (whatever) so they don't get killed by Bowser.  Later they go into the infamous pipes, leading to the Mushroom World.  The rest, is history.

Mega 2, don't give me that "our" Mario bull****, I've had enough of it.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2000, 09:06:04 PM »
NO! In smb3 cartoons, they LIVED in Brooklyn, but they were now living in the MK, they even had a house there.

Mega, answer me this: if they were born/raised in Brooklin, why are they called Mario and Luigi? Why do they like pasta? How, then, could Luigi bring Mario back of that 'robot' state (in wich the scientist koopaling put him) using a plate of SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT?? UH!? I still remember Koopa's (I mean, Bowser's) son running away of his father with that plate on his head.

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2000, 09:11:57 PM »
Oh I'm so sorry! In my another posting (not the last; the other) I said 'lived' instead of 'borned'. Sorry if you people couldn't understand me. :)!

Print