Print

Author Topic: Nintendo DK or Rareware DK  (Read 22024 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2006, 06:38:28 AM »
I'm gonna have to go with Nintendo's DK.  He's the most classic.  I mean, he threw barrels at an Italian carpenter who would later on become one of the most famous plumbers.  If it weren't for the original DK arcade, we probably wouldn't have Mario.

Also, the hammer!  One of the most classical weapons in the Nintendo universe.  I mean when you use the hammer in SSB/M and hear its theme, you just get a sort of nostalgic feeling.  It takes you back to 1981.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 09:42:21 PM »
For the record:

Quote from: Nintendo Power Sept. 1994
It was decided to return to Nintendo's roots by using Donkey Kong as the hero because he had less background than other Nintendo characters, and that meant that Rare could have greater freedom in creating a new DK world. Mr. Miyamoto, Nintendo's ace game creator, designed a modernized DK and Tim Stamper put him into the SGI system.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2006, 11:55:22 AM »
Well I go for Nintendo.This should be a poll!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »
It shouldn't really be "Nintendo's DK VS Rare's DK."  It should be "Nintendo's DK VS Nintendo & Rare's DK."  They colaborated on the Donkey Kong series for Super Nintendo (The DK Country Trilogy).  I even emailed Nintendo about it and they said that both Nintendo and Rare worked together to make those games. 

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »
If friggin' dixie or lanky or any other DKC thing appears in the next Mario Kart game on the Revolution, I'm not getting it. Or unlocking them, if that's the case. Notice I didn't capitalize the names of the retarded apes.<p>

You''re all my <a href=" http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs [/url]. My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

I've got to ask...did you end up not getting Mario Kart Wii because of Funky Kong? Or did you just not bother to unlock him?

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Alph, I don't know who you are, but thank you for unearthing this gem.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »
Wow what a hateful kid. What is he, 13 or something? Get off the Internet BP, no one even cares about your tastes or opinions. Maybe if you played Donkey Kong 64 you'd find it's basically another Banjo game. You'd like it.

I don't have Mario Kart Wii anymore, because my friends and I preferred Double Dash!! for multiplayer and the single-player was... frustrating. But when I did, I had unlocked every character except Baby Daisy (by coincidence, I didn't meet the requirements for her, and when I found out what they were and that she was in, didn't bother with it) and the second Mii outfit.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 10:08:14 PM »
Bird Person*

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Alph, I don't know who you are, but thank you for unearthing this gem.
That was his first post in eight years. Check his profile! Also, heh, unearthed. Get it, because, y'know, the Ruins of Alph? Like, in Pokémon Gold and Silver? Heh...
Relics.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »
You''re all my <a href=" http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs [/url]. My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

Oh wow, the picture's still there.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 02:23:17 PM »
That's Image Shack for you; I used to use it all the time.

I remember, I once drew a picture of BP, as a guy with wings. I... don't think I posted that here, ever.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 03:11:27 PM »

caw
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print