Print

Author Topic: Can anyone help me get these last Yoshi coins??  (Read 12184 times)

« on: April 10, 2006, 12:26:54 PM »
Hey there, I've been playing Super Mario World on SNES for a while now and I can't find the last few yoshi coins.

I'm stuck in Chocolate Secret in the valley of bowser.

I've been told by other people that there is only one yoshi coin in this level, can anyone confirm this??

I'd like to take some screenshots and stuff of the game after I get all the coins, I think it may contribute to either this or by own website.

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »
I can definitely help you because I have a guide to SMW. However, I will need the admin's approval for me being able to scan the magazine into the post. If they say no, I'll try to describe it the best as I can.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:20:32 PM »
Well, I know this isn't any of my business, but even with their approval, it's illegal to scan copyrighted material. Although you can use this. It's what I used.

(If the link didn't work, copy & paste:  http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/super_mario_world_coin.txt )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:23:23 PM by Khold »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 06:37:26 PM »
Just so you don't waste your time, you get nothing special for collecting all of the Dragon Coins in the SNES version.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
Most gamers like to get one-hundred percent completion.

...Even though I thought you DO get something. I thought I did when I played it. Mabey I'm thinking of the GBA version...

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 07:26:29 PM »
You don't get anything special for getting all the Dragon Coins in the SNES version. One reason why you can tell is that the game doesn't really keep track of which coins you already got; even if you save, all coins that you have previously collected reappear in the stages after you turn off or reset the game and start playing again. This is not the case in the GBA version; it keeps track of all the stages you get 5 coins in.

There is only one coin in Chocolate Secret in the SNES version, for some reason. There can't be any more, since they wouldn't be practically impossible to find if they did exist. At least two Dragon Coins would certainly be readily visible in a stage which has only one pipe shortcut (which doesn't contain a Dragon Coin) and which, as far as I can remember, has little or no vertical scrolling except in the sliding room (and I think I checked that room thoroughly).

EDIT: For clarification's sake, "Dragon Coins" = "Yoshi Coins". The correct term is "Dragon Coins" according to the SMW manual, even though Yoshi is technically a dinosaur rather than a dragon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:28:10 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 07:45:46 PM »
That faq on the yoshi coins is from the GBA version:
"Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 Yoshi/Peach Coin Walkthrough
For the Gameboy Advance System"

"Just so you don't waste your time, you get nothing special for collecting all of the Dragon Coins in the SNES version."
I know, as another guy said, I just want to get 100%. I heard the yoshi coins turn to princess coins, but I suspect that's only for the GBA version.

I can definitely help you because I have a guide to SMW. However, I will need the admin's approval for me being able to scan the magazine into the post. If they say no, I'll try to describe it the best as I can.

I would greatly appreciate that. Just be sure it's for the SNES version.

Well, I know this isn't any of my business, but even with their approval, it's illegal to scan copyrighted material. Although you can use this. It's what I used.

(If the link didn't work, copy & paste:  http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/super_mario_world_coin.txt )
Well, then it would be illegal for gamespot to have those screenshots. Maybe it falls under fair use because I don't intend to make any money off of it. Anyway, it doesn't look like Nintendo is persuing any legal action against gamespot (who actually DOES make money off of it), so I don't think they'll be hunting anyone down here for it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 07:53:59 PM »
Yes, they change to Peach coins on the GBA version. I guess you get bragging rights, if anyone around you cares.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 08:41:43 PM »
Well now I feel ripped of. I just went for it. After leaving my SNES on for almost a week straight now and getting 3,000,000+ points it was all for nothing. The double checking every level to make sure I got all the coins... nothing...

I really thought that at least you got the 100% thing, but nope, not even that.

It's just a 96 with a star next to it. I'm glad I know that it does nothing.

My next adventure is to make a microcontroller play the game for me. That would really be something to brag about. I'll probably never get around to it though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 09:03:55 PM by 2zod.com »

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 08:16:12 PM »
The 96 isn't a percentage. It's the total number of exits in the game. It never goes to 100 because there aren't 100 exits.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 10:31:48 AM »
There's all 5 dragon coins in the Chocolate secret level.

First area, in the shortcut and near the end pipe.

Sinking lava platform area, after first platform, in the middle of a row of platforms, and at the very end of the level.

I have the guide and all the coins are displayed before me for all the levels.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »
There's all 5 dragon coins in the Chocolate secret level.

First area, in the shortcut and near the end pipe.

Sinking lava platform area, after first platform, in the middle of a row of platforms, and at the very end of the level.

I have the guide and all the coins are displayed before me for all the levels.
You have got to be talking about the GBA version, because there's no way that that's the case in the SNES version.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »
That's for the GBA version. For the SNES version there's only one coin and it's at the very end.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 01:41:45 PM »
Alas their is only one coin in the Chocolate Secret Level, why they put any in is beyond me. 
I do have a question about the GBA version, however.  Are there dragon coins in the fortress or is it like the SNES version and they don't have any.

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 09:25:05 PM »
There's Dragon Coins in the GBA fortresses and Castles

Print