Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1267610 times)

« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »
I like getting to be a non-evil videogame salesman and do stuff like tell kids how awesome Pokemon LeafGreen is and not sell them strategy guides, useless insurance, used games, or magazines published by my company.

« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2006, 03:37:30 AM »
Is that the Super Mario War where you can design your own courses and fight against differently-coloured Marios? AWESOME
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »
Well this isn't hopeful...but I'm am here to be happy. I had a pretty good 4th of July, with the exception of the cheap crappy fireworks we used. The thing that made it better was, instead of using sparklers, we used road flares...so they lated about 10x longer. And after we lit the fireworks, we put the remains in a pile and made a bon fire by burning them with flares. This week/weeken is the county fair, and that's always fun. Plus I invited a friend to come with us, and most likely my cousins are going to be there. So this is going to be one of the most exciting weeks of the summer.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:11:35 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2006, 01:29:37 AM »
I've never has a problem with favicons using Firefox.  Actually I noticed and told Deezer about a few pages on TMK that didn't have favicons set and he or MB fixed them.  Also note that the favicon space can show a thumbnail of an image.
The pages that haven't been updated in a few years or so won't show the favicon. And I guess it's a glitch or something but sometimes my Firefox stops showing TMK's favicon for the pages that do have it. :(

But in happier news, MB made the Google-powered TMK search look a lot less white. :)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »
Well, a while back I posted about needing three more fillings in my teeth. Now, when I first found out about these fillings, I was told that I'd need to get them filled in two appointments because they were in completely different parts of my mouth. However, when I went in today to get them filled, because I requested that the dentist not use novacaine before drilling (I've found that novacaine does absolutely nothing to change how much drilling hurts, and it only takes effect after all the dental work is done, and it's a very annoying feeling. It is also injected into the gum with a syringe, and I don't like needles/syringes very much.) -- he was able to get all three done in one session, and I don't even have to go back to get anything else done.
~I.S.~

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »
Those shots hurt!  Once I got three teeth pulled and I had to get two shots in the roof of my mouth and aroung=d my teeth.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2006, 11:11:29 PM »
I'm happy that novocaine has the opposite effect on me than it does on Insane Steve.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2006, 09:14:58 AM »
Today's my birthday folks!! And to top it off I recieved a DS Lite as a gift. Happy Birthday to me!!!

« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2006, 03:59:21 PM »
I started saving up for a DS, and I'm already half way there!!! :D

« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2006, 02:45:11 PM »
Sorry to double post, but I can't wait for someone else to post.

My all-star baseball tournament starts today. NO MORE PRACTICES!!! :)

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2006, 09:53:51 PM »
I hope whaling gets banned all around the world some day.  I even donated $10 to Greenpeace to help them out.

« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2006, 11:23:38 PM »
Neat. The last thing I donated money to was a forum. For $5 I got an orange name.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2006, 01:40:33 PM »
I'd rather give to Patrick Moore or his Greenspirit group.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »
I feel as if I can trust Greenpeace.  I truly believe that they are doing everything they can to help in the most peaceful way possible.  I think this man is forgeting about different solutions to the problem and is not focused on animal welfare like Greenpeace is.  He seems to forget that not everybody in Greenpeace thinks exactly the same and is losing track of future focus because he seems to be to focused way too much on the present.  He seems to be taking things maybe a few people have said, and blowing it up into a giant fiasco.  The Greenspirit group is also way to small in order to do anything good for the environment.  The website says nothing about achievements of anykind or any ongoing projects.  What are they doing with our money and why wont he support the Kyoto Protocal?  Is he forgeting about the forest outside of North America that are being destroyed and not regrown when people are not utilizing tree farms and cutting down any wood in sight until it is gone and habitats are destroyed?  I have no idea where he is coming from.

Print