Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260212 times)

« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »
I had a day off today and I watched Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase. ^_^
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #481 on: October 07, 2006, 11:17:05 AM »
I'm about to receive one of 72dpiarmy's highest honors...
Map All-Star...!

It's for Super Mario War. You can make your own levels for it (which are called maps), and I've made over 100 maps and they're really popular with the forum. ^_^
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Jman

• Score
« Reply #482 on: October 07, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »
I finally received a shot of inspiration for "Nintendo Jeopardy" and finished the episode I started over 4 months ago.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #483 on: October 08, 2006, 12:15:16 AM »
Hey, I like Nintendo Jeopardy. It's good stuff, Jman!

« Reply #484 on: October 08, 2006, 02:08:04 PM »
I can use Photoshop for as long as I want without buying it. How? Well, Adobe didn't have the foresight to prevent people from downloading trials more than once.

« Reply #485 on: October 08, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »
I can use Photoshop for as long as I want without buying it. How? Well, Adobe didn't have the foresight to prevent people from downloading trials more than once.

Nice! I wish Coral would let you download PSP and Coral Painter IX more than once without buying.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #486 on: October 08, 2006, 04:46:12 PM »
That reminds me. A few weeks ago I found a disk that a teacher of mine gave to me in middle school. The disk contained Adobe Creative Suite, which in turn had Photoshop and Illustrator on it. Now I just need to learn to use it properly. Anyone have any idea where I can learn to use Photoshop?

« Reply #487 on: October 08, 2006, 05:46:13 PM »
That's wierd. You've got a CD with it on it and I've got the learners guide CD, but I can't find the disk *checks* Wait! The G4 Mac laptop has Photoshop on it!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #488 on: October 08, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »
My whole life's dream has been to play football. I've always been too small, but now I'm big enough. (Freshman year: 95 pounds. Junior year: 160)
It's too late now, 'cause I'm a Junior and sadly I don't have enough skill. But my Church allows our group to play football every Sunday, and I found out today that God has blessed me with good hands. (8 catches, 3 touchdowns) Thank God for this day.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #489 on: October 08, 2006, 07:42:22 PM »
Anyone have any idea where I can learn to use Photoshop?

Yes. http://www.photoshopcafe.com/ has some really neat tutorials on how to make stuff. http://www.joejoe.org/ also has some tutorials (Go to "Graphic Tutorials" on the right).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #490 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:37 AM »
Thanks CTOAN. Now, to Photoshoping!

*is filled with even more happyness*

« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2006, 08:07:04 AM »
Nice! I wish Coral would let you download PSP and Coral Painter IX more than once without buying.

You can use trials for more than 15/20/30/whatever days. You just need to edit the Registery Editor (only for PC's. Sorry Mac users!). Let's go break some laws:

1. Press the Windows key and "r" at the same time.
2. Type in "regedit" (without the quotes).
3. Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software" (without the quotes).
4. Find the trial software you downloaded. Make sure it has expired.
5. Right-click it, then go to "delete".
6. Download the trial software again. If you did everything correctly, you should be able to use it for the next 15/20/30/whatever days.
7. After it has expired, go back to step 1.

« Reply #492 on: October 09, 2006, 08:16:39 AM »
I forgot to mention this, but yesterday, my dad and I were shopping for some of my birthday presents (It's my birthday on October 18th). Two of the items I wanted were a digital camera and Printer/Scanner/copier 3-in-1. We found a wonderful deal featuring a 5 mega-pixel digital camera (compared to the Sony camera, which was 6 mega-pixel. Not much of a difference), and a printer/scanner/copier that also featured a port for our SD cards. The best part is that it was only slightly over $200! I asked the salesman what the Dots per square inch was, and he said about 48 hundred Dps. We put it on lay-away, and my dad and I will pick it up next Sunday.

Also, we're going to buy an SD card (I'm thinking about one containing 50 pictures) and a rechargeable battery.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2006, 08:51:14 PM »
So a couple days ago I took a stock of my personality and figured out that there's a few very fundamental things wrong with me that is preventing me from having any success with social situations (and, at some point, girls).

As of then, though, I've decided to, slowly but surely, improve myself in order to have better success making friends. It'll be a while, but I think I'll turn out radically better. I start by actually approaching people I don't know all that well and just saying "hi" and the like. Very basic, but still better than avoiding these situations outright, which is what I'd done in the past.

The HOPEFUL part of this post is twofold:

1) That I've managed to acknowledge there's a lot of things that I need to fix and am finally taking the initiative to fix them, and
2) That there will come a point where I'll be at the point I want to be with interacting with people. It might be a few months time, but I am generally very good at improving things that I work at.

There you go. If I start acting a bit differently in posts, it's probably a result of this.
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2006, 10:59:42 PM »
Wii hii hii! Parents notified. My father will stop by Gamestop tomorrow around 1:30 PM to preorder a Wii for his best, 1337357 son ever. He was like "Write it down for me." I'm like "It's THREE letters. W-I-I. Wii. Don't make a stupid joke about it either." And you know... he didn't! Muhahahaaaaah! I dunno if I'll be able to get my hands on Twilight Princess though... Super Paper Mario, likely. Oh, right... I can camp out outside the building since it's a Sunday. If not, there's Target right across the parking lot. I'll count the days down... November 19th. November 19th. November 19th.
Downs: I won't be there to confirm or deny any offers. I told him, "If anything's free, take it." Eh... I'll leave a note saying to also preorder LoZ:TP and SPM if possible.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print