Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260571 times)

« Reply #555 on: November 06, 2006, 12:38:14 AM »
My first winter concert is in less than a month. :)

(Because I'm in more than one band, I have to be at all three parts of the concert which take place on different nights.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #556 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:05 PM »
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

The local video game store has Wii demos! =D

And I get to go and play them tommorow. =DDD
YAI PHOR WII
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #557 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:22 AM »
O RLY? I must go call the Gamestops and EB games in my area tommarow. Yeah!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #558 on: November 07, 2006, 04:02:43 PM »
I am confident that my oral report in English 11 will go well tomorrow.  I am confident because I prepared pretty well, it is a relativly small class, and I am familiar with most of my classmates in there.  If it weren't for these things, I would just take a zero, plus I just got the fact that none of the things you do in highschool really matter, I mean the worst thing that could happen while I'm up there is someone being totally disruptive, which won't happen.  Oh yeah, and if you are wondering what the Oral Report is on, it is about my free read book (I chose The Inferno again :P).
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #559 on: November 07, 2006, 07:31:39 PM »
I bought Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for only 14.99 at Sears. I also picked up Mario vs. DK 2: March of the Minis.

I just wish my GC was still working. Oh well, just a week and a half until I get my Wii. Without camping outside a store or preordering weeks ago. K-Mart FTW.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #560 on: November 07, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »
I will let people know how my report will go, oh yeah, and you have to say report without the t at the end.  Only because it sounds cooler.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #561 on: November 07, 2006, 08:29:26 PM »
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

The local video game store has Wii demos! =D

And I get to go and play them tommorow. =DDD
YAI PHOR WII

Yai
I got to play the Wii.
It was SUPER PWN.
I got to mess around with the Mii channel.
It was really fun.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #562 on: November 07, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »
I must confess, I didn't do half the homework assignments in geometry last grading period. Not even half--only six out of thirteen. But by some strange tampering with time and space I have 106% in the class. No kidding. I mean, I was conscious of my laziness and made an icosahedron for the 3-D object project (which earns me up to 50 points of extra credit), but get serious, 106% for not doing half of the homework...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #563 on: November 07, 2006, 09:59:21 PM »
Seems somebody has been very lazy with grading.  I may be lazy, but no one would ever have a 106% average in any of my classes.  That's unpossible.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #564 on: November 07, 2006, 10:57:29 PM »
I wish I got grades like that while not doing homework... But speaking of good grades, I got a 42.5 out of 39 on a German test and she wrote ausgezeichnet!  The sad thing is I didn't know what that meant.  Apparently it means outstanding, though.  What a weird class to excel in.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #565 on: November 08, 2006, 02:34:47 AM »
Ah, thanks PaperLuigi for reminding me--THE ELECTIONS ARE TODAY. W00t, seriously. That means all the billboard-sized signs saying "Chris Robinson for Sheriff" Or "Re-elect God for ruler of the universe" will disappear. I really don't care about politics, or props, or blaaaaaaaah. It almost made me exclaim on the second, when Weird Al was on the tonight show (technically the third since it was after midnight) and those OH-SO ANNOYING COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!! It was killing me. (Then of course the tape didn't work) And my sister's like "This is important, these people do things for us and stuff." I unplugged my phone a couple of days ago because I was so sick of those government dudes calling. BUT IT'S ALL OVER NOW!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #566 on: November 08, 2006, 04:26:01 AM »
I looked at the launch games again and saw one that looked particularly fun: Rayman Raving Rabbids. I remember playing the older Rayman for PS1. Fun game.

I am also happy because the EB Games by me is setting up their Wii demo tommarow!!!

(You have no idea how long it took me to figure out the second thing I was thankful for)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #567 on: November 08, 2006, 06:56:08 PM »
I must confess, I didn't do half the homework assignments in geometry last grading period. Not even half--only six out of thirteen. But by some strange tampering with time and space I have 106% in the class. No kidding. I mean, I was conscious of my laziness and made an icosahedron for the 3-D object project (which earns me up to 50 points of extra credit), but get serious, 106% for not doing half of the homework...

You honestly find this odd? Wow, you're still quite new to high school. I did next to no homework assignments at all in my Freshman, Sophomore and Junior years and still got As and Bs on my report cards.

This is because homework is usually only around 10-15% of your entire grade for that class, varying by how much your teachers actually care about homework (at least, that's how it goes with my school). Welcome to high school.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #568 on: November 08, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »
You know what stinks about my school (not sure if it's the same in other high schools, let me know)? Tests make up the majority of the grade (60% even). Wait... *heads for the ANGST thread*

« Reply #569 on: November 08, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
Math classes are the only class where doing homework is usually unimportant. Tests make up most of your grade, followed by participation.

Of course, doing the homework gives you the right to gloat and call everyone else failures, so that's good enough reason for me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print