Print

Author Topic: Want to Buy: GameCube Component Video Cable  (Read 6573 times)

« on: September 01, 2006, 08:08:04 PM »
Does anyone have one of these they could sell me? Nintendo no longer makes them and they are extremely hard to find online.

Help a brother out. I will pay about $30.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 11:46:52 PM »
Did you try Radio Shack? I remember going to a Radio Shack once since I needed an audio cable for my then-new DVD player and I knew they sold the gold-plated ones, and I saw a few Nintendo connectors there while searching racks upon racks of cables, including one for S-Video (the big fat circular one). If not there, maybe Circuit City or some place like that?

Radio Shack would be my first choice. They have too many different cables--finding the ones for my DVD player was tough enough! (My DVD player also has that red-green-blue triple headed connector). I know both the triple-headed one and S-Video are supposed to be better than the regular yellow jack. And if Radio Shack doesn't have it, aren't you able to custom order stuff there through the catalog?

I guess as a last resort you could look on e-Bay or something, I'd just be wary of return policies on stuff--make sure you get one that's got a warranty/return policy.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:15:27 AM »
Nintendo no longer makes them and they are extremely hard to find online.

I might add that they were never sold in any brick-and-mortar stores, ever.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 07:52:59 PM »
Quote from: GAF
"Component cables included with Wii out of the box in the US"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 01:23:42 AM »
Excellent. But by that time I'll want to play Wii games. Oh well! Good news.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 10:25:44 AM »
And it's looking like that's not even true anymore.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:20:12 PM »
Rather, that would mean it wasn't true in the first place.  And yeah, I heard out-of-the-box as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:22:33 PM by DeadAwake »
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 08:10:19 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 10:55:31 PM »
Hope you already ordered your component cables, because they are already SOLD OUT.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 02:16:06 AM »
Quote from: http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746085p1.html
In fact, the only way to secure component cables at this point in time is to call 1-800-255-3700 and order them by phone. The cost of the cables themselves is $29.95 plus tax and shipping fees. Standard shipping is only an additional $5, but it may not be the most reliable way to ensure that you will get the cables at launch. Two levels of expedited shipping are available: 3-5 business days costs $7 and 2 days costs $13. Prior to writing this, we called and ordered the cables for ourselves, so we can verify that this is, in fact, quite true and quite convenient.

Still seems that there are other ways.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 01:10:21 AM »
I think those come from the same supply. Anyway, the first time I looked they were already SOLD OUT. But the predicted resupply isn't too awfully far away.

Print