Print

Author Topic: Most ANNOYING Moments in Mario Kart Games  (Read 34077 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »
You know, I was playing with some friends last night and I was hit by a blue spike shell...when I wasn't even in first place.  I thought those only hit the first-placer.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2007, 11:41:10 PM »
Well, being that they travel along the ground, it is more than likely that some people, first place or not, will be hit.

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 01:26:27 PM »
But it's got wings in all the new games...
I always get a kick out of using it while in first place, it just turns around and goes back to you
rofl
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
There's a small period of time where if you go from first to second after the blue shell has been fired, you'll still get hit even in in 2nd or even lower position. When the shell gets close enough to the front of the pack, it seems to then lock in a specific person and stops caring about position. It really stinks because you get passed AND blasted.

Using a blue shell in first place right as someone tries to pass you is great.

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
Not if you get caught in the nuclear explosion...
I remember that. I heard the shell coming but was too far ahead to stop and let someone else get hit.
You like how in Mario Kart DS you can tell who has what. A guy got a Blue Shell when we were head to head, then we got in a driving backwards race. He won and I got Shell'd :(
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »
I meant purposely blowing yourself and the other guy up is what's hilarious. Same concept as point-blank rocketing someone in FPS.

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »
This is sort of off topic: Mario Kart 64 has been released on the Virtual Console!

Back to topic: In Mario Kart 64, if someone (CP player, or human) bumps you while you are trying to powerslide, causing you to either spin out or drive in the wrong direction.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
I absolutely love all the Mario Kart games, but could not agree more on how frustrating they can be.

Super Mario Kart: 150cc, there's nothing else to say about it. The game cheats you in every manner possible. Luigi turns on his Star whenever he wants and takes me out or makes it impossible to pass.

MK64: Toad's Turnpike on Extra. I've never won that race. The best I've ever managed is second.

MKSC: I can't think of anything specific that other MK games don't have.

MKDD: The handling seems really awkward in this game. It's most frustrating when you've been playing a different MK game and then go back to this one.

MKDS: Wifi is irritating. I love it, but hate it. The lag doesn' bother me that much, but the hackers, the disconnectors, and the snakers that seem to never get their hands tired out. I can snake wicked fast, but not for too many races, I need to rest my hands, but some people just don't need too.
Snifit 1: "Booster, Sir. There is a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2007, 05:40:48 PM »
One time while I was playing MKDS I was totally winning the race (In 1P) And those Computers fire a blue shell.(T_T) As soon as it was hovering right above me I thought It would be cool if i dropped a bannana and jumped at the same time. (as a last resort thing like jumping before going off a ramp) When the shell came down the explosion happened... BUT IT DIDNT HIT ME! I was like holy dukar! I dodged a blue shell! ...After that I finished the race and did something else that I can't remember... =/

Still If I could figure out the glitch that caused me to dodge it... that would be cool. (Btw I was snaking pretty fast so that might have been it. AND I was on 150cc)

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »
I dodged a blue shell once. I believe someone had fired it, and it hit JUST as I had launched out of the cannon on the Bowser's Airship or whatever level, so the blue shell hit the ground behind me and I flew past it.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2007, 11:52:07 PM »
I screwed one of my friends over while playing Shine Thief on Mario Kart: Double Dash.  There were 2 other players, and he had the shine.  As the timer ran down to zero, I sat in the corner, waiting with the lightning that I had received about 20 seconds prior.  When the timer was about to hit zero, I used the lightning.  I didn't win, but I got a great joy out of watching him shouting "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2007, 09:14:13 PM »
When you have an itch and you have to stop holding the A button do scratch it xD

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »
You could always wait for a straightaway and then take your hand off of whatever's being used to steer, depending on the game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 02:22:13 AM »
Wow, I like the outside-the-box thinking, Adicus. That is a very good ANNOYING Moment!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »
but those straightaways are snaking moments! (especially on Figure 8 circuit(And on MKDS))

Print